This coach tour will run on 13th - 20th September
But if you are a group of more than eight people a similar tour is available on other dates (although please note the Tabor Meeting Festival is a once-a-year event). In addition if you would like us to create a similar itinerary for you to travel on your own we are happy to do so. In both cases we are able to customize the holiday to your needs.
- Tabor Meeting - the tour climaxes with this three-day event when the centre of Tabor changes into a medieval town with stall keepers, craftsmen, armoured knights, dancers, conjurors and musicians.
- Tabor - sights include the Hussite Museum, the beautiful old town houses and fortifications
- Husinec - birthplace of Jan Hus
- Rabi - the Czech Republic's largest ruined castle and where Zizka was blinded during a siege
- Sudomer - site of Zizka's first battle, where he first developed the use of fortified wagon
- Strakonice Castle - home of the Maltese Knights of St John, foes of the Hussites - includes a visit to cloister and capitular hall with remarkable wall paintings from the 14th and 15th centuries
- Prachatice - well-preserved renaissance town centre with wonderful frescos, including house where Hus stayed, town fortifications, and the Gothic St James church
- Cesky Krumlov - spend six hours exploring this UNESCO World Heritage site with over 300 listed buildings and the second-largest castle in the Czech Republic
- Ales Gallery of Gothic Art - remarkable collection of sculpture and paintings from the end of the 13th century to the beginning of the 16th
- Ceske Budejovice – you will be based here for the first half of the tour and will have half a day to explored the town and visit some of its attractions.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Czech Republic History Whiz Military History Archeology/History