This is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti park (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture. Following on their heels are the predators of the savanna. The famous Maasai tribesmen live within the dispersal area of the game reserve. Other destinations are Samburu, Naivasha, Treetops and Lake Nakutu, all the parks are home to small and large animals includes birds and reptiles.
Trip Info: You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture. Availability 90%.
- Minimum Rate Per Adult: US$
- Departing From: Nairobi
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- Departure Time: 08:00 h (possible to leave earlier than)
- Departures: Daily
- Minimum Persons Required: 2
- Best Time: All the year round.
Day 1: Nairobi - Samburu National Reserve. At 0800hrs depart from Nairobi in the morning for Samburu National reserve crossing the Equator and driving through changing terrain to the rugged semi-desert region in the northern Kenya. Though harsh, it is blessed with species rarely found elsewhere. Arrive in time for lunch at lodge. Afternoon game drive to search for the stars of Samburu. Dinner and overnight at Samburu lodge/Samburu Serena lodge.
Day 2: Samburu National Reserve. Full day in Samburu with game drives .Search for the rare liver red reticulated giraffe, Grevy's Zebra, Beisa Oryx, Blue flanked Somali Ostrich, Vulturine Guinea Fowl, Longneck Gerenuk. See braving lions on the grass, Cheetah, Leopards among plenty of other plains game. (optional visits to Samburu villages). All meals and overnight at Samburu lodge/Samburu Serena lodge.
Day 3: Treetops. Breakfast at a lodge and drive to the shoulders of Mt. Kenya arriving at the Outspan Golf and Country Club for lunch. After lunch transfer by lodge vehicle to the Treetops Lodge where from the lodge balcony you view game that often visit the floodlit waterhole and saltlick. i.e. elephants, rhino, buffalo and giant forest hog. Dinner and overnight at Treetops Lodge.
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park. Depart Treetops lodge for breakfast at Outspan Golf & Country Club and depart for Lake Nakuru via Thompson falls arriving in time for lunch, afternoon game drive at the Pink lake referred so for it's thousands of pink flamingos and other bird-life-it's a Bird watchers paradise. It has a surprisingly number of animals, all the "big five" except the elephant can be seen here, Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru Lodge/Sarova lion Hill.
Day 5: Lake Naivasha. Breakfast and depart for Lake Naivasha in the Great Rift Valley. Lake Naivasha is one of the gems in a necklace of Rift Valley lakes, has a variety of bird life and hippo colonies. Lunch, Dinner and overnight at Lake Naivasha country club.
Day 6: Maasai Mara. Morning game viewing at the Pink ,it is rhino sanctuary and a bird watchers paradise, look for warthogs and water bucks as you leave the Park. Breakfast at the lodge and depart for Maasai Mara crossing the loita plains, see red clad maasai warriors tend their multi-colored herds amongst plains game. Arrive Mara in time for lunch. Game viewing enroute to Mara Sarova camp for lunch. Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Mara sarova luxury Tented Camp/Mara Sopa Lodge.
Day 7: Maasai Mara National Reserve. This is the day your dreams about maasai Mara comes true. Breakfast at lodge and leave with picnic lunches for a full day game drive inside the Park. Search for wild game black manned lion for which Mara is famous for, cheetah, buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, leopard, grants gazelle are quite common, even the rare rhino might come out of the thicket for you, hyenas are plentiful.
Extend your drive to the hippo point where schools of hippo submerge on the approach of vehicles only to surface seconds later to shot and gamble their displeasure as the crocodiles sunbathe on the river banks mouths agape. Between meals there is optional visit to the maasai villages for an insight to their culture if clients so wish. Meals and overnight at Mara Sarova luxury tented camp/Mara Sopa Lodge.
Day 8: Masai Mara - Nairobi. Morning game drive to savor the beauty of the park, breakfast at lodge and depart for Nairobi arriving at around 1400 hours. End of Safari King Travel Services
Price: Quoted in USD per person sharing.
- The above prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons. Group Incentive Safari Prices Available contact us and enjoy up to 25% saving on the per person rate!
- Christmas and New Year Supplements US$ 45 per person per day 23 December to 3 January
- Tour Rates in US$ (Click here to convert rates shown below to major world currencies).
- Flying Doctors - Emergence air rescue from any point of the safari circuit
- Arrival and departure Airport Transfers
- All entrance fees
- Full board accommodation on tour
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- Transport based on excellent Vehicle rebuilt for safari to give nice game viewing
- Mileage is built in the price
- Driver's Salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives as per the Itinerary
- Complementary bottle of water daily
- Complementary visit to a Masai village
- Complementary of printed Safari hat and T-shirt
- Government taxes.
- Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.
- International flight
- Departure tax
- Tips to drivers (highly recommended)
- Travel Insurance.
This is all inclusive safari.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Kenya Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend