- See the famous Banaue Rice Terraces
- Learn the customs and traditions of the ancient people of the mountain region
- Trek to and spend a night in Batad, a village within an amphitheater of rice terraces
- Trek to spectacular waterfalls and dive into their lagoons
- Traverse a beautifully alien quartz and limestone cave system
- See the unique hanging coffins of Sagada.
Day 1: Travel to Banaue.
The group assembles in Manila in the evening and we get some shut-eye while we travel through winding mountain roads. When we wake up we will be in Banaue, home of the famous rice terraces, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world.
Day 2: Batad.
We trek to Batad, a village within an amphitheater of rice terraces. We hike amidst the rice paddies to a spectacular waterfall and spend the night in the village.
Day 3: Travel through Bontoc to Sagada.
We take the scenic road to Sagada. We stop at Bontoc where we learn about the customs of the indigenous people of the mountain region. In Sagada we do a preliminary tour of the village and its picturesque surrounds.
Day 4: Sagada highlights.
Today we do plenty of hiking to see the many attractions of Sagada. These include a sacred waterfall, hanging coffins, an underground river and local handcrafts shops.
Day 5: Sagada caving.
We've saved arguably the best for last. We spend an exhilarating day underground traversing a bizarrely beautiful cave system.
Day 6: Visit Baguio and travel back to Manila.
Sadly our adventure is at an end and it's time to head back to Manila. On the way we stop by the mountain city of Baguio, known as the summer capital of the Philippines because of its popularity among local tourists.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Philippines Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Caving