The Greater Kruger conservation area is a truly pristine and immense region that also includes vast areas of adjacent Mozambique, making it one of Africa’s largest and most famous reserves. Here we will explore the superb road system in an attempt to locate the park’s large concentrations of big game, including the legendary “Big 5” - Lion, African Elephant, Leopard, African Buffalo and White Rhinoceros. Kruger offers a really great opportunity to watch these spectacular animals in their natural habitat, and some of them we will encounter in staggering numbers and at exceptionally close quarters. Photographic opportunities are brilliant, and we will endeavour to capture some truly incredible images with our cameras.
- Habitats covered: acacia and broadleafed woodlands, acacia Savannah, grasslands, rivers
- Expected climate: mild to hot with cooler nights and mornings
- Max group size: 6 with 1 leader
- Tour pace and walking: relaxed and undemanding
- Accommodation: comfortable
- Photographic opportunities: brilliant
- Key photographic targets: the "big five", numerous antelope species, phenomenal raptors and birds, sunsets, insects, reptiles.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Leisure Pursuit Photography and Videography National Parks