Our Patagonia - Birds, Wildlife & Spectacular Scenery tour takes in some of the most splendid scenery and mammal rich areas of Argentina. The wind swept steppes and endless shores of the Atlantic side of mighty Patagonia teem with wildlife, and a large proportion of Argentina’s endemic birds also occur. Here we will visit the Valdés Peninsula and the world’s largest nesting colony of Magellanic Penguins at Punta Tombo (up to 700,000 birds present!).
This is also the realm of Southern Right Whale, Commerson's Dolphin and Southern Elephant Seals; and if tides and weather permit, we will embark on a boat trip to photograph these awesome animals. Other mammals we can expect in this area include armadillos, Guanaco and Mara. Photographic opportunities should be brilliant, and we can anticipate many iconic images.
On the next leg of our journey, we will photograph the spectacular Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park in the mighty Andes, as well as taking a motor catamaran excursion to a remote area of Lake Argentino that is covered by huge and beautiful blue icebergs. It is here where we have a chance to see and photograph the largest glacier in the Park, the Upsala, as well as the tallest, the Spegazzini.
We then journey to the legendary Torres del Paine National Park in Chile. On the way there we will cross the Patagonia High Plateau, where we have chances to see and photograph some of the area’s unique wildlife. These include Humboldt's Hog-nosed Skunk, Hairy Armadillo and Chilla (or Patagonin Grey) Fox. En route we will also enjoy our first views of the spectacular Torres (towers) of Paine. Under the dagger-like peaks of this dramatic landscape, we aim to provide you with the possibility of taking brilliant photographs of iconic species ranging from the mighty Andean Condor to the legendary Puma, as well the Park’s exceptional flora and incredible rock formations.
- Expected climate: mild to cold in the highlands
- Max group Size: 10 with 2 leaders
- Tour pace and walking: mostly relaxed and undemanding
- Accommodation: comfortable lodges
- Photographic opportunities: brilliant
- Key photographic targets: Moreno Glacier, icebergs, Torres (towers) of Paine, dramatic landscapes, incredible flora, amazing rock formations, Magellanic Penguin nesting colony, Southern Right Whale, Southern Elephant Seal, Puma, Guanaco, Mara, Hog-nosed Skunk, Hairy Armadillo, Chilla (or Patagonin Grey) Fox, Andean Condor.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Chile Argentina Leisure Pursuit Photography and Videography Wildlife Viewing