Day 1: Depart, arrival in the morning and departure for Djenné - Mud Mosque.
Day 2: Djenné - Market, Drive to Mopti.
Days 3-4: Niger River Boat Trip to Timbuktu.
Days 5-6: Timbuktu - Optional Overnight Camel Safari and Tuareg Homestay.
Days 7-10: Sévaré, Bandiagara and Dogon Country - Overnight Dogon Trek.
Day 11: Bandiagara Escarpment, Cross into Burkina Faso to Ouagadougou.
Days 12-13: Cross into Ghana - Tamale, Mole National Park - Game Walk.
Day 14: Boabeng Fiema Monkey Sanctuary - Guided Tour.
Days 15-16: Kumasi - Explore West Africa's Largest Market.
Day 17: Kakum National Park - Canopy Walk.
Days 18-19: Elmina - Slave Coast, Elmina and Cape Coast Castles.
Days 20-21: Kokrobite - Optional Community Project, Drumming School, Solo Forest Monkey Sanctuary.
Day 22: Cross Togo to Benin. Overnight Ouidah.
Day 23: Cotonou - Fetish Markets, Abomey - Voodoo and Salt Village Tour.
Day 24: Drive/Boat to Ganvie - Overnight Stilt Village.
Day 25: Return via Cotonou to Grand Popo Beach.
Day 26: Grand Popo Beach - Turtle Conservation Project.
Day 27: Cross into Togo, via Lac Togo, Togoville to Lomé.
Day 28: Cross into Ghana to Accra - Tour Ends on Arrival.
1) Mali - Bamako, Djenne Monday Market and Mud Mosque, Mopti, Niger River Boat Trip, Ali Farka Toure's Village of Niafounke, Timbuktu Tour, Dogon Country Trek and Mask Dance
2) Burkina Faso – Ouagadougou market, city tour
3) Ghana - Mole National Park, Boabeng-Fiema Monkey Sanctuary and Ecotourism Site, Kumasi, Kakum National Park, Slave Coast, Elmina Castle, Cape Coast Castle, Kokrobite Beach and Community Project, Traditional Drumming Performance
4) Benin - Ouidah Slave Route, Cotonou Fetish Markets, Abomey Voodoo and Salt Village Tour, Ganvie Stilt Village Tour, Overnight Ganvie Stilt Village, Grand Popo Beach, Grand Popo Turtle Conservation Project
5) Togo - Vodun Fetish Markets.
- Fully escorted tour: our company tour leader and driver, local guides
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Mali Ghana Benin Local Culture Cultural Journey National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend