Tour Dates: Any Saturday or Wednesday between March 12th and October 29th.
Day 1: Join your cycling adventure in Amboise (accessible by train from Paris).
Day 2: Ride to riverside town of Montrichard. Visit the famous Chateau of Chenonceau on the River Cher: its moat is part of the actual river and its arches reach across to the far bank.
Day 3: Cycle through quiet villages of the Sologne to Bracieux, with optional stops at the Chateau of Fougeres, and the grander Cheverny.
Day 4: Today is free to relax in the village or cycle through the forests to the Chateau de Chambord - famous for its extraordinary collection of turrets and its double spiral staircase.
Day 5: Riverbank ride following the lazy Loire to Chaumont-sur-Loire, passing a 16th Century castle and the pretty village of Les Montils.
Day 6: Today is free to visit the chateau in town standing high above the river, cycle along the riverbank to the mediaeval city of Blois or explore the villages to the south on optional rides.
Day 7: Cycle to Amboise. The final day in the saddle cycling across open, rolling countryside to Amboise. There is time to visit the Clos Luce, the last home of Leonardo da Vinci, and the castle itself in this pretty riverside town.
Day 8: Your route ends in Amboise.
- Profile: Average daily distance: 30-40 km (19-25 miles) depending on routes chosen.
- No of days cycling: 6 (including 2 optional rides).
- Vehicle support: none whilst riding, luggage is transferred between hotels for you.
- Terrain and route: the suggested cycling mainly follows quiet tarmac roads past villages, farms, vineyards, woodland and alongside rivers. There are no significant ascents or descents. Alternative routes are available on most days.
- Accommodation: 7 nights 2 and 3 star hotels, some have pools. All rooms have private baths.
- Food: All breakfasts and 3 dinners included.
- Trip Grade: Leisurely. If you can ride a bike and enjoy gentle exercise, then these are an ideal introduction to a cycling vacation. No routes are entirely flat, so expect some short climbs and descents. Maximum daily elevation gain is approximately 800 feet, and daily distances rarely exceed 32 miles. Any longer days are often optional.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring