Take a change to explore the most unique place in Lithuania – the Curonian Spit National park. We‘ll start this guided bicycle tour with a short ride along the Dane River promenade to the Old Ferry Terminal bordering the Old Memel Castle area with a new sailing marina, cruise ship and navy terminal. After short ferriage to Smiltyne we’ll make a round tour through pine woods of the Curonian Spit to the sea harbour’s gate famous for its long moles heading to the Baltic Sea for several kilometres.
En route we’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Baltic Sea, the Curonian Lagoon and changing panoramic face of Klaipeda city with its modern skyscrapers, explore an overland exposition of wooden boats and soviet trawlers as well as ethnographic fisherman’s household, say „hello!“ to the Baltic seals guarding the Maritime Museum and Dolphinarium. Also, we’ll have a longer break on sand beach for a swim in the sea and hopefully discovering a piece of amber washed ashore.
- When? at 9:30 a.m. Daily May & September, weekdays June-August, other time on request with min. 4 participants
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cycling distance: 19 km or 25 km easy riding even for non experienced people (~85% on bicycle paths, partly the Seaside Cycle route).
- the tour should be reserved by E-mail or Fax latest until 18:00 (6:00 p.m.) a day before the tour start.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Rent of good quality trekking/city bicycle with a back pannier
- English-speaking guide escort
- A return ferriage to Smiltyne
- A bottle of drinking water (0.5 l)
- Cycle map
- Helmet and raincoat (on request).
- 100% (for free) for children up to 5 years old in baby seat!
- 15% for participants with own bicycles and groups from 12 persons
- 10% for groups from 8 persons
* Valid only when there are min. 4 adult participants paying a standard price, a few discounts are not summarized.
- Bicycle rent after the bicycle tour for the rest of the day (until 21:00 / 9:00 p.m.) – 6 EUR
- E-bike/Pedelec (KTM, GIANT, KALKHOFF, PANTHER) rental supplement - 18 EUR
- Food stop at the seaside coffee-bar is available (bigger groups have to be reserved in advance)
- The tour might be shortened, expanded by the needs of all participating clients.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2009
Client Request Served: 16
M19790 is the only incoming tour operator in Lithuania specializing in cycling holidays. We are experts on cycling in the Baltic States (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) and Russia (Kaliningrad District) since 2001. Besides guaranteed departure, escorted and self-guided cycling tours, we provide a full range of services for...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend