- Get mesmerized by dream-like Amsterdam on an evening stroll along the old cobbled streets with the bridge lights reflecting in the canals or during a candle-lit canal cruise.
- Shower your beloved with blooms at the floating flower market or diamonds at one of the world famous diamond factories.
- Enjoy the picture-perfect Dutch countryside with millions of tulips and daffodils in bloom or the little fishing villages with their windmills and unique wooden houses on stilts.
- Sip champagne on a memorable panoramic flight on the world's highest observation wheel, the ‘London Eye’.
- Browse the stalls of Petticoat Lane and Portobello Road market for art and quirky collectables.
- Delight in the picturesque English countryside and visit the villages of the Cotswold with their medieval bridges and charming traditional English houses and gardens.
- This medieval town is the Venice of the North.
- Watch the swans floating by your window from your canal boat hotel.
- Indulge in the best Belgian chocolate or visit the famous lace makers of Bruges.
- Ride a bicycle along the canals and the tunneled alleyways of the town or take a leisurely canal boat cruise.
- See the sun come up over Bruges from a hot air balloon.
- Sail past the illuminated sights and under the bridges of Paris in a bateaux while enjoying your champagne.
- Watch the sun set over Paris from the Eiffel tower. Search for antiques at an open air flea-market or stroll along the Left Bank with its bohemian cafés.
- Have dinner in a sultry private dinning room or enjoy some mellow music at a Paris jazz club all decorated in bordello-burgundy velvet and silk.
Heidelberg - Germany’s Romantic centre:
- Stroll through this 12th century small town with its world famous castle, picturesque setting and Mediterranean climate and vegetation.
- Float up the Neckar River, past the Heidelberg castle, through several lochs, passing monasteries, hill-top castles, vineyards and small villages on this ultimate romantic day river cruise.
- Enjoy a drink in the club car of your train as you travel along the Rhine River to your next destination in Switzerland.
- Take the vintage paddlewheel steamer across Lake Lucerne, then take the historic cogwheel train up to Mount Pilatus.
- Marvel at some of the most magnificent views in the European Alps while enjoying your gourmet picnic.
- The spectacular return trip to delightful Lucerne by cable car will take your breath away.
- Lake of Lovers, said to be the most romantic lake in the world.
- Spend the day criss-crossing the lake by boat, visiting its tiny waterside villages, in particular ‘Bellagio’, the pearl of the lake.
- Touch and feel the gossamer silk creations of the traditional silk weavers of Como.
- Ride the funicular railway up 2000 feet for a dramatic view over Lake Como.
- Watch the sun set over the Alps from the centre of the lake during a private boat trip.
Florence and Tuscany:
- Choose a little golden memento on the 14th-century Ponte Vecchio bridge over the river Arno or spoil yourself with a gorgeous Italian handbag or shoes from the leather market.
- Hike along some picturesque Tuscan country paths. Enjoy the panoramic views over Florence from the Etruscan city of Fiesole. Sample some regional foods at little local eateries.
- Stroll through the vineyards and olive groves of Chianti. Enjoy a Tuscan lunch in the hills of Siena. Roam in the maze of cobbled streets and small squares and walk between San Gimignano's 14 towers.
- In Verona visit Juliet's house and experience the magic of an authentic Italian opera in the 2000 year old Roman Arena.
- Watch the buzzing Italian night life on Tasso Square during a dinner on your little ‘Romeo and Juliet’ balcony.
- Get carried away by the breathtaking scenery of the Amalfi Drive, one of the most spectacular coastal roads in Europe. Enjoy the serene beauty of the Isle of Capri as your rowing boat glides into the magic world of the Blue Grotto.
- Walk the pretty narrow streets of Positano with its pastel-coloured houses and endless steps carved out of the rock. Listen to a concert on the cliffs and under the stars in the beautiful gardens of Villa Runfolo.
- Start your day with a double-espresso hit at Casanova's favorite café.
- In the evening join the lovers on the Spanish Steps, the perfect spot to watch the sun set.
- Sip a blood-orange spremuta in a piazza café. Hire a vintage Vespa and live out your 'Roman Holiday' fantasy.
- Taste fine wine on the roof terrace of your hotel while the sun sets over the eternal city.
- Purchase a rose for your loved one at night from the flower sellers at the Trevi Fountain.
- Stroll along the tiny cobble-stoned alleyways, canals, bridges and piazzas of this historic city.
- Ride the Vaporetto up the Grand Canal and visit the glass blowing and lace making artisans.
- Cherish the views from your waterfront suite across the lagoon to St Mark's square.
- Be serenaded during your gondola ride on the Canals of Venice.
- Take to the canals in a hire boat and putter along the tranquil backwaters passing palazzo after palazzo - Moor up for a prosecco at a tiny waterside café.
- Do as George Clooney does and have one or two of Venice’ famous Bellinis at the Gritti Palace.
- Pamper yourself in the Spa Resort of Bad Hofgastein, surrounded by glacier-covered mountain peaks of 3500 m height.
- Walk through blooming Alpine meadows and in the 'Valley of Water' with clear streams and rivers, mysterious dark lakes and thunderous waterfalls.
- Experience Austrian hospitality in a rustic alpine inn.
- Climb or take a horse-drawn carriage up to the fairytale castle of Neuschwanstein.
- Visit the world-famous woodcarvers in Oberammergau and admire the richly painted Bavarian houses.
- City of Mozart. Admire the fortress, bridges and stunning mountain ranges during a relaxing river cruise.
- Visit the Wedding Church from the 'Sound of Music' movie and enjoy the boat ride on picturesque Lake Wolfgang in the Salzburg Lake District.
- Listen to the 'clip-clop' of the horses hooves as your carriage takes you on a tour of the historic heart of the city.
- Lose yourself in the hedge maze of Schloss Schoenbrunn before visiting the Carriage Museum, filled with gilded Cinderella coaches.
- Sip wine in a 17th century tavern, tucked away in a cobbled courtyard in the Esterházy palace.
- Slip into the romance and red velvet of the 19th century at Café Sacher where a pianist, chandeliers and gilt-framed oil paintings create a grand setting while you crack the icing on a rich Sachertorte chocolate cake.
- Take a dreamy tram ride through historic Vienna or a cruise on the Danube.
- Break open a bottle of Bohemian sparkling wine in the scented rose gardens of Petrin Hill overlooking the Spires of Prague.
- Feed the swans along the embankment of the Vltava River.
- Let the glowing lanterns of the Stavovske Divadlo theatre mesmerize you.
- Polish the statue of St. John of Nepomuk and make a wish.
- Glide past the illuminated Prague Castle and Charles Bridge on your romantic dinner cruise.
- Time-travel back to the time of Friedrich the Great when your are greeted by staff and performers wearing period costumes for your dinner and concert in the Charlottenburg palace, the setting and ambience a reminder of how things may have been in days of long ago.
- Discover that Berlin has more bridges than Venice during your magic cruise on the River Spree.
- Enhance your romantic holiday in Europe by upgrading to a stay in a historic baroque palace, honeymoon suite with private terrace overlooking the rooftops of Rome, a boathouse on a canal in Amsterdam, a self-contained apartment in the Latin Quarter in Paris, a converted watermill, a 15th century Palace or a room with balcony overlooking Hyde Park.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Italy Switzerland France Romantic Venture Honeymoon Sightseeing