Two escorts will join you on this trip:
- Photography Guide, John, is a professional photographer who specializes in teaching photography. With 25 years behind the lens, John takes pride in making learning photography simple, easy & fun.
- Tour conductor, Karen, is the owner of this travel agency and a professional travel consultant. She has traveled extensively throughout Southeast Asia, and has a deep love for its people & culture.
- Local tour guides will also join us for all daytrips and excursions.
- Small group size: only 5 to 10 guests!
- Photography Guide & Tour Director
- Superior (3-star) hotels
- Flights between Bangkok & Yangon
- Flights within Myanmar
- Transfers & day trips by private, air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees and camera fees
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners
- Tips for guides, drivers, porters, wait staff.
Day 1, Oct. 27: Arrive Bangkok. Meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers at airport hotel. Overnight Bangkok.
Day 2, Oct. 28: Yangon. Early flight to Yangon. Experience life on the outskirts of the city with a ride on a local train. This afternoon, visit the incredible Shwedagon Pagoda, the icon of Myanmar. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 3, Oct. 29: Bagan. Morning flight to Bagan. Visit a traditional lacquerware workshop and explore the incredible temples of ancient Bagan. Overnight Bagan. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 4, Oct. 30: Bagan. Optional: Experience sunrise over the plains of Bagan from a hot-air balloon! $310 each (subject to change). Visit a monastery to meet school children. Go off the beaten path to the villages of Myinkaba and Minnanthu. Explore temples and see exquisite cave murals. This evening, cruise down the Ayeyarwady River and enjoy a private cocktail party on a sandbar! Overnight Bagan. Includes: (B, L, cocktail party).
Day 5, Oct. 31: Bagan to Mandalay (by car). Take a scenic drive to Mandalay, stopping at local villages to learn more about Burmese life and culture. Enjoy sunset from Mandalay Hill. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 6, Nov. 1: Mandalay. Visit Mahamuni and Kuthodaw Pagodas, and watch artisans at work in traditional handicraft workshops. Evening trip the local night market. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 7, Nov. 2: Amarapura, Ava & Sagaing. Witness the monks collecting morning alms at Mahagandayon Monastery. Travel by horse-drawn carriage to see the Bagaya Monastery and the old Royal Palace. Visit Sagaing Hill, the religious center of Myanmar. Return to Amarapura for sunset over the the 200-year-old teak U-Bein Bridge. Overnight Mandalay. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 8, Nov. 3: Mandalay - Heho - Inle Lake. Fly to Heho then drive to Nyaung Shwe. Cruise Inle Lake in a private motorboat passing villages, gardens and fishermen at work. Visit a monastery and local craftsmen on the lake. Overnight Inle Lake. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 9, Nov. 4: Inle Lake - InDein Village. Visit a fascinating local hill-tribe trading market. Go to InDein village, walk by a local school and wander through ancient stupas in Alaung Sitthou. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 10, Nov. 5: Inle Lake - Heho - Yangon. Return to Yangon by water, land & air. Visit Chinatown, Gem Street and Scott’s Market for last-minute souvenirs. Return to Shwe Dagon Pagoda this evening. Overnight Yangon. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 11, Nov. 6: Depart Yangon. Transfer to airport for return flight to Bangkok. Includes: (B).
Pre- & Post-Tour Suggestions:
- Pre-Tour: Join Karen in Thailand for a few days to acclimate to the weather and time zone before the tour starts.
- Post-Tour: Add an extension to Thailand for the Loy Krathong (Lantern) Festival or take some time to rest and relax at a nearby beach! Ask Karen for details.
Package Price (Per person, double occupancy): $3,395
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Myanmar Thailand Leisure Pursuit Photography and Videography Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend