Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport. We will pick you up from the airport to Kibo Palace Hotel. Here you will find your mountain guide waiting for you for next day mountain trip briefing. You will all be staying in the suite rooms equipped with wireless internet.
Machame Route (7 days/6 nights):
- After breakfast at Hotel transfer to Machame gate with lunch box. Start walk through the rain forest up to Machame Hut have your lunch and proceed to Machame Camp (3000m), (4-5 hrs) walk. Dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast hike on the rock ridges to Shira Hut (3800m), (5-7hrs). Have picnic lunch on the way. Dinner and overnight at Shira Hut campsite.
- After breakfast, start walking to Barranco Hut to Karanga Valley (4000m), (6-7 hrs) picnic lunch on the way. Dinner and overnight at Karanga campsite.
- Have a full day staying at Karanga Valley for acclimatization. It is highly recommended to the first Alpiners over this route.
- After full relaxation at Karanga Valley early morning after breakfast ascend to Barafu Hut (4800m), (5-6 hrs). Picnic lunch on the way. Dinner and overnight.
- Early in the Mid-night after having a light breakfast start hike to the Stellar point (5865m) then further to the Uhuru Peak (5895m) the Summit of Africa. After that descend slowly to Mweka Campsite. Dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast start walk down to the Mweka Gate. Meet you driver to transfer you to the Kibo Palace Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Ngorongoro Crater. Drive from Arusha to the 8th wonders of the world for 2 hours, apart from its rich flora and fauna, Ngorongoro Crater is the largest unbroken crater in the world. It is 610 m deep and around 18 km floor diameter. Strange! It is form from collapsed volcano. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge/Ngorongoro wildlife Lodge.
Serengeti National Park. Leave the lodge early at around 0730 in the morning and drive towards Serengeti National Park. Start experiencing true plains that gave Serengeti its name. World’s greatest migration of animals dwells this place. The rocky outcrops in the plains are important microhabitats to varieties of species; you will spend both of your nights at Serengeti Serena or Wildlife Lodge.
Olduvai Gorge and Masai Village. Drive from Serengeti towards Olduvai Gorge and Museum with game viewing on your way to Ngorongoro Karatu town. Olduvai Gorge is famous worldwide for its ancient human bone fossils. It is believed that first human being originated from here. Then proceed to a Masai Boma (village) where you will witness cultural dance and true life of indigenous Masai. (Option: Goat slaughtering and BBQ canbe prepared on request). Thereafter, proceed to Karatu village, dinner and overnight at Kudu Lodge.
Lake Manyara, enroute to Arusha. Drive to Lake Manyara National Park for early morning game drive. This park lies bellow the base of the rusty-gold 600-metre high Rift Valley escarpment, this is an expanse of lush jungle-like groundwater forest, where hundreds of baboon troops lounge sharing the habitat with blue and vervet monkeys, dainty bushbucks, and outsized forest hornbills. Occasionally, tree-climbing lions can be sighted. Giraffes feed none competitively from the tops of acacia tree. Later in the afternoon, drive back to Arusha and ready to fly back home.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Tanzania Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend