This popular day-trip starts from Windhoek take you in a light aircraft over the Namib Desert, towards Sesriem and the Sesriem Canyon. Landing at Sesriem you will be driven in a 4x4 vehicle to the highest shifting sand dunes in the world at Sossusvlei. No part of the desert is visually more stunning than Sossusvlei. The warm tints of the sand range from pale apricot to brick orange and deep red, vividly contrasting with the large white clay pans at some of their bases. Admire, climb and photograph the scenery and enjoy a refreshment in the shade of a Camel thorn tree. When you are ready, return to Sossusvlei Lodge at Sesriem for lunch.
After lunch transfer to Sesriem landing strip. We continue our flight via Sossusvlei the highest shifting sand dunes in the world. From Sossusvlei into the Diamond Restricted Area flying over the remains of three old diamond camps and crossing the coastline at Conception Bay, passing colonies of Cape Fur seals, the shipwreck of the passenger liner "Eduard Bohlen" stranded in 1909, she lies 250m away from the shore. Further along the coast another shipwreck, the "Shaunee" stranded in 1976. Along the coast with the Atlantic surf on the one side and the "long wall" (Namib Dunes) on the other, we reach Sandwich Harbour, a wetland of international importance and protected by the Ramsar Convention.
The highest recorded density of Lesser and Greater flamingo’s was recorded at low tide with 7 791 birds/km. In harmony with the surroundings we find Namibia's coastal salt mines, south of Walvis Bay, attracting thousands of birds. Walvis Bay, Namibia's major harbour town and a former enclave to South Africa, which was incorporated into Namibia on March 1, 1994 is our next destination. Midway between Walvis Bay and Swakopmund. We pass the Langstrand Holiday Resort and the Dolphin Park Recreation Resort on our way back to Swakopmund to refuel. Continue to Windhoek drop off.
- This quotation is linked to the N$/US$ exchange rate and an escalation may influence the quoted price.
- ISOS Cover - Passengers will be covered for the duration of the entire flight. The cover only includes medical emergencies arising from direct trauma (eg. an accident), and passengers will not be covered for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Cancellation must be received in writing and are valid from the date of receipt at the office. The following charges are applicable:
* up to 30 days before date of departure 10% of the total amount due
* up to 15 days before departure 25% of the total amount due
* up to 7 days before departure 50% of the total amount due
* less than 6 days before departure 100% of the total amount due
- Okarumuti game lodge accepts no responsibility for any delays caused by unforeseen circumstances, mechanical breakdowns, diversions or cancellations due to adverse weather or circumstances beyond our control. Confirmation is subject to availability of aircraft and pilot(s). The prices are firm for the indicated date only. We do reserve the right to alter these prices with any new, unforeseen increases in fuel prices, new government taxes, etc.
Price on request. Contact supplier for prices.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Namibia Outdoor: Land Rambler Desert Expeditions
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend