Botswana green season made easy and affordable. Spend 3 days and nights in the beauty of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park on the banks of the Boteti River, flowing now for the first time in Superior Meno a Kwena offers full board with activities rate - drinks included. Accommodation is in superior safari tents on the high banks overlooking the river. Each tent has an en-suite shower, basin and flush toilet. The guest areas are spacious with large, comfortable lounge, bar and dining area – all with stunning views over the river. Daily activities include bush walks, game drives, birding, and game viewing,.
10 reasons why the green season should not be missed:
1. Africa’s second largest zebra migration breeding in the saltpans.
2. White rhino sightings at Boteti River improve during summer.
3. Increasing numbers of elephants to the area.
4. Nxai Pans & Baines Baobabs day trips increase general migratory wildlife productivity.
5. Migrant birds arrive.
6. Increased predator activity at Nxai Pans during springbok and gemsbok summer breeding season.
7. Nxai Pan NP and Makgadikgadi Pans NP scenic value increases as the pans hold water.
8. Scenic flights over the saltpans are spectacular.
9. Personal service maintained at reduced green season rates.
10. Very low tourist and vehicle congestion in the NPs and reserves
The Boteti River:
The Boteti River, along the western boundary of Makgadikgadi Pans National , has reached Rakops Village for the first time since 1987! This is the furthest extent of the Okavango River system from its catchment areas in Angola, over a thousand kilometres to the north.
There is nothing negative that could possibly outweigh the positive effects of this flood into the dry Kalahari. For the rural villagers on the southern banks of the river and wildlife inside the national park, it is the end of a very long struggle to survive in this otherwise waterless desert.
Price US$1,056 pps.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Botswana Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing National Parks