- Character: Ready to plan your Caucasus adventure? Why not take it offroad for a change? TransCaucasus Jeep Tour has it all - touring on roads far from regular tourist trails, navigating in mountainous terrain and enjoying the excitement of a real expedition. Sit back, relax and enjoy spectacular mountain views of the Grand Caucasus from Camel Mount in Armenia to Svaneti in Georgia. We provide the jeeps to ride in or you can drive your own 4WD vehicle and we lead the way!
- Activities: Off-road expedition, ancient rock art, Svaneti, people.
- Duration: 10 days/10 nights
- Accommodation: Tourist hotels
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, welcome dinner, 1 lunch
- Mode of travel: 4WD vehicles
- Tour support: Our company leader/driver.
Day 1: Mount Ararat. Off road drive at Hunters' Road. Gnishik Village.
Day 2: Camel Mount. Ancient rock paintings at Black Lake.
Day 3: Highway drive up to Shinuhayr village, Tatey Monastery, Devil's Bridge, on to Goris.
Day 4: Her-Her river, Shatin observation point, Fortress of King Smbat, Tsakhat Kar, vinery in Aghavnadzor.
Day 5: Selim Pass, Selim Caravanserai, Vardenis Ridge and lakes, Lake Sevan.
Day 6: Villages of Navour and Itsagar, "Garlic" Pass, Kutaisi, the ancient capital of Western Georgia.
Day 7: Zugdidi, Dadiani Palace, Enguri Dam, Svaneti, Land of Lakes, Glaciers and Towers, Latari and Lenjeri basilicas.
Day 8: Ushguli, the highest settlement in Europe, Virgin Mary church, Svan ethnographic complex, horse riding to Mount Shkhara.
Day 9: Off-road to Mount Zuruldi with possible short hiking.
Day 10: Back to Tbilisi, Rikoti Pass, en route visit Joseph Stalin museum in Gori, Uplistsikhe, The Lord's Fortress, Tbilisi.
- 13 May 2012 - 23 May 2012: €1,040
- 3 Jun 2012 - 13 Jun 2012: €1,040
- 15 Jul 2012 - 25 Jul 2012: €1,040
- 19 Aug 2012 - 29 Aug 2012: €1,040
- 16 Sep 2012 - 26 Sep 2012: €1,040
- 7 Oct 2012 - 17 Oct 2012: €1,040.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Armenia Georgia Local Culture Sightseeing