The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe, local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. The Martyrs’ Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed during the WWII. Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWI. To understand the present we continue our walk to the old – new Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII and today hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and kosher shops. We will visit the Rumbach Street Synagogue, we will see the Carl Lutz Memorial Park, the famous Gozsdu Courtyard and the center of the orthodox Jewish community, with an outside visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. After our tour, we will invite you a cake and drink in the kosher Fröhlich confectionary. You have an other option, to have 10% discount in the kosher Carmel reastaurant.
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Jewish Museum with local guiding (entrance fee is included in the price)
- Martyrs’ Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial
- Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Interior visit of the statusquo Rumbach Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Gozsdu Passage
- Ortodox Jewish Quarter
- Kazinczy Street Synagogue – (outside visit, entrace fee not included)
- Cake and drink in the kosher Fröhlich confectionary or you can have 10 % discount in the kosher Carmel Restaurant
Tour dates: from 1st May till 31th October
From Monday to Thursday at 14:00, on Fridays at 10:00.
We don't have tours on jewish holidays, when the great Synagogue is closed for guiding (those dates can not be booked on the sites linked below).
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Hungary Local Culture Cultural Journey Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend