The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány Street Synagogue, which is the largest in Europe, local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. The Martyrs’ Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed during the WWII. Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war. We pass by the Heroes temple, which was built in memory of those who gave their lives during WWI. To understand the present we continue our walk to the old – new Jewish Quarter, which was used as a ghetto during the WWII and today hosts synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants, and kosher shops. We will visit the Rumbach Street Synagogue, we will see the Carl Lutz Memorial Park, the famous Gozsdu Courtyard and the center of the orthodox Jewish community, with an outside visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. After our tour, we will invite you a cake and drink in the kosher Fröhlich confectionary. You have an other option, to have 10% discount in the kosher Carmel restaurant.
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Jewish Museum with local guiding (entrance fee is included in the price)
- Martyrs’ Cemetery – Holocaust Memorial
- Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life
- Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
- Interior visit of the statusquo Rumbach Synagogue (entrance fee is included)
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Gozsdu Passage
- Ortodox Jewish Quarter
- Kazinczy Street Synagogue – (outside visit, entrace fee not included)
- Cake and drink in the kosher Fröhlich confectionary or you can have 10 % discount in the kosher Carmel Restaurant
- entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- entrance fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- entrance fee to the Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- entrance fee to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit periodic exhibitions
- entrance fee to the Rumbach Street Synagogue
- a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich pastry
- 10% off your order at the kosher Carmel Restaurant
Further important information:
At the end of the tour your guide will give you your entrance ticket to the Jewish Centre. These tickets can be used just for one time, but are valid for one day. If you decided to go back next day to take some picture, to the souvenir shop or to visit the Jewish Centre, please keep your tickets and show them at the entrance.
From Monday to Thursday at 14:00, on Fridays at 10:00.
We don't have tours on Jewish holidays, when the great Synagogue is closed for guiding (those dates can not be booked on the sites linked below).
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Hungary Local Culture Cultural Journey Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend