We will assemble a tailored tour just for you, whether you are a group of friends with varied interests and abilities, or a couple seeking a romantic getaway. We operate with small groups from 2 up to 6 participant
We offer you an accommodation at the vilage of Bozhichen and at the vilage of Popina, where you'll be close to unbelievable nature, close to the best of the Bulgarian cuisine and close to notorious cultural treasures.
Choosing a cycling vacation at the end of the romantic Danube river, respectively the end of Europe, you'll touch and feel the fascinating mixture of all cultures flourishing along its course.
1. The Bozhichen Hub -Placed at the entrance of Ivanovo UNESCO world heritage site the hotel in Bozhichen gives the opportunity to touch the secrets on the Danube and cycle through the wonders of Lomovete canyons.
2. The near vilage of Popina is on the south bank of the Danube river, backed by a vast hill on which opposite side lays the Lake Sreburna UNESCO world heritage site.
Pedal the Roman Danubian Limes from Tutrakan to Silistra and take a spokes with the bike to inner hidden sanctuaries worshiped from Antiquity to nowadays. Get familiar with the traditional Danubian cuisine, local wine and youghurt production.
Natural Highlights are:
- Natural Park of the canyons of Lomovete Rivers, tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Sreburna Lake - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Orlova Chuka Cave
- River Danube and the jungle-like islands
- Danubian Lakes and marshes
Cultural Highlights are:
- Roch-hewn churches of Ivanovo - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- City of Rousse, European Heritage Label
- Old city of Silistra – some places are in the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The Medieval Fortress of Cherven
- Thracian Treasure from Borovo
- Old town of Tutrakan
- St Dimitar Rock Monastery in Basarbovo
- Demir Baba Rock Sanctuary near Ruino
Traditions & Lifestyle Highlights are:
- The Cuisine of Lomovete – Lomovete regional mark of origin
- Youghurt products of Ludogorie
- The Danubian cuisine of Tutrakan and Silistra
- Nisovo Winery
Possible Itinerary of the spokes:
Day 1 from Bozhichen to Cherven. Highlights: Ivanovo UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 2 from Bozhichen to Orlova Chuka Cave. Highlights: Orlova Chuka Cave
Day 3 from Bozhichen to Rousse. Highlights: Cultural center of Rousse, European Heritage Label
Day 4 from Bozhichen to Liuliaka Island on Danube. Highlights: Basarbovo Rock Monastery.
Day 1 from Popina to Silistra. Highlights: Cultural heritage of Silistra.
Day 2 from Popina to Tutrakan. Highlights: Old town of Tutrakan.
Day 3 Danubian Lakes Trip. Highlights: Sreburna Lake UNESCO World Heritage Site, Lake of Maluk Preslavets
Day 4 from Popina to Ruino. Highlights: Demir Baba rock sanctuary near Ruino.
The Hubs at the vilages of Bozhichen and Popina provide chances for some other activities you may choose at your vacation.Enjoy Boat trip, Birdwatching, Traditional cooking or Farming.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Bulgaria Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Birdwatching
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend