- Park Güell
- Sagrada Familia (inside and outside)
- Casa Milá (‘The Quarry’)
- Casa Batlló (‘The house of Bones’).
Gaudí, the architect who designed the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family Church), also designed what is now one of the nicest parks in the city, Park Güell. He also built houses in the “extension” of the city, of which Casa Milá (Milá’s House) and Casa Batlló (Batlló’s house) are the most popular. All of these buildings have been declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, and with a licensed guide, can be visited without standing in long queues.
In this tour you will get to know the personality, influences and motivations of Gaudi and the social and economic background of the city that he worked in at the end of 19th century and beginnings of the 20th.
Barcelona is distinct from other Spanish cities because it was the only city in Spain to have undergone an Industrial Revolution, it has been known as the ‘Manchester of the Mediterranean’.You will also discover more about as we learn about the prosperous relationship between the rich industrialists and the artistic movement of the time: Art Nouveau or Modernism as it was known in Spain.
- Tours inside the city are half-day, about 4 hours.
- Two half-day tours can be done or they can be extended one or two hours.
- Tours can be made by walking and public transport, on a bike, motorbike (just one person), or by car.
- Tours outside the city last about 5 hours and some include eating out, but everything can be arranged to the likes of the client.
Walking, by bike or with public transport tours:
- Half day (4 hours): 160 Euros
- Full day (8 hours): 290 Euros
- Price does not include public transport, rent of bikes or entrances.
Tours by car or motorbike:
- Half-day in the city (4 hours, only moto): 198 Euros
- Excursion out of town (5hours): 261 Euros
- Excursion out of town (8 hours): 391 Euros
- Parking and gas costs are included, but not highway tolls.
Tours with a chauffered car:
- Half-day in the city (4 hours): 324 Euros
- Full-day in the city (8hours): 594 Euros
- Half-day excursion (5 hours): 542 Euros
- Full-day excursion (8 hours): 851 Euros.
The chauffer driven car can be a Mercedes class E, Audi A6 or Mercedes Viano van. It is also possible to rent minibuses with 13, 24 or 30 seats.
Procedure: Once the service has been agreed you will be given an account number to transfer 20% of the total cost, (in case of chauffered car it must be paid completly)
Once the money has been received the service is considered reserved and can be cancelled free of charge up to 72 hours before it starts. The remaining 80% of the cost it is paid in cash just before the service start
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Spain Local Culture Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 21220
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "21220" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.