Day 1, Friday: Vilnius. Arrival in Vilnius. Individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Check-in at the hotel. 7:00 p.m. welcome meeting at the hotel with tour guide. Overnight: Vilnius.
Day 2, Saturday: Vilnius - Trakai - Vilnius (50 km). 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. The tour includes: St.Peter and Paul’s Church, Gediminas Castle, Cathedral Square with St. Stanislaw Cathedral and Bell tower, St.Ann and Bernardines’ Church, Amber gallery-museum, Užupis -one of the oldest districts of Vilnius, mentioned in the historical sources as far back as the 16th century, nowadays the artists’ “republic”, which has its own constitution, national anthem, calendar and map, the Gates of Dawn with a holy image of the Virgin Mary, Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square and Vilnius University (founded in 1579) with St. John’s Church. Afternoon trip to Trakai (25 km from Vilnius), the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit to the insular castle of the 14th century, erected on a small island in the lake Galve. Return to Vilnius. In the evening optional: dinner at Lithuanian restaurant “ Lokys” or similar. Overnight: Vilnius .
Day 3, Sunday: Vilnius - Hill of the Crosses - Rundale - Riga (380 km). 9:00 a.m. departure by coach to Riga, the capital of Latvia. Stop at the Hill of Crosses (16 km from Šiauliai), the unforgettable place with thousands of crosses on two small hills. A further drive to Riga. Stop in Rundale. Visit to Rundale Palace of the 18th century, a beautiful late baroque palace in Latvia. It is a splendid example of the early work of famous Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli. Arrival in Riga, check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Riga.
Day 4, Monday: Riga. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Riga. A combined coach and walking tour encompasses the most significant sights of Riga: driving along the central boulevards of Riga, enjoying the view of the City Canal Parks, the Bastion Hill, the Powder Tower, the Latvian National Theatre, the Fine Arts Museum, the Art Nouveau Buildings of the beginning of the 20th century, the Freedom Monument, University of Latvia, Latvian National Opera House and the Daugava River.
During the walking part of the tour you will enjoy the beauty of the ancient Hanseatic City: picturesque streets of the Old Town, the Dome Cathedral, the Church of St.Peter, the old Guild Houses, the Swedish Gate, St.Jacob’s Church, St. Mary Magdalene's Church, the Parliament House, Old Riga Castle. Following the visit of the famous market halls of Riga. Afternoon optional: excursion to Jurmala. In the evening optional: dinner at Latvian restaurant “ Rozengrals ” or similar. Overnight: Riga.
Day 5, Tuesday: Riga - Parnu - Tallinn (300 km). 9:00 a.m. departure for Tallinn with a stop in Pärnu, Estonian “Summer Capital”. This little town has been known as a summer health resort since the first spa opened here in the 1830s. A further drive to Tallinn. Arrival in Tallinn, check-in at the hotel.
Day 6, Wednesday: Tallinn. 9:00 a.m. a city tour of Tallinn, visiting the Old Town of Tallinn - an example of Gothic architecture in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The tour includes Toompea Castle fortifications, the Dome Church (13th century), the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky (19th century), Town Hall Square (15th century), St. Catherine's Passage, where artists of St. Catherine guild present their work, St.Olaf’s Church. Afternoon optional: excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace. In the evening optional: dinner at medieval restaurant “ Peppersack ” or similar.
Day 7, Thursday: Tallinn - Helsinki. Morning transfer to harbor for ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. Arrival in Helsinki. Meeting and city tour of Helsinki. The tour includes all the most important and interesting parts of Helsinki, such as the historical centre, Senate Square, the Parliament Building, Finlandia Hall. Stop at Sibelius Monument and Tempeliaukio Church- the church in the Rock. Check-in at the hotel. Overnight: Helsinki.
Day 8, Friday: Helsinki - St. Petersburg. Breakfast at the hotel. Optional: a combined boat and walking tour to the ancient Suomenlinna Sea fortress- one of the largest in the world and included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites. The Suomenlinna Museum gives a glimpse of the life of officers and soldiers during the periods of Swedish and Russian rule in the 18th and 19th centuries. The fortress of Suomenlinna stands on five interconnected islands, reached by half-hourly ferry from the South Harbour. In the afternoon train to St. Petersburg. Arrival in St. Petersburg. Transfer to hotel, check-in. Overnight: St. Petersburg.
Day 9, Saturday: St. Petersburg. 9:00 a.m. city tour of St. Petersburg includes a panoramic view of the most interesting architectural and historical sights of the town: Admiralty, Neva River embankments, a revolution monument - cruiser Aurora, Decembrists` Square, Palace Square, Nevsky Prospect, Peter and Paul Fortress and Isaac’s Square with Isaac’s Cathedral.
Afternoon optional: visit to the Hermitage- one of the largest museum collections of Western European art exhibited in the Winter Palace famous for its huge frescoed halls, marble, wood and mosaic floors, antique furniture and statuettes. In the evening an optional visit to Nikolajevsky – Palace with Russian folklore show. Overnight: St. Petersburg.
Day 10, Sunday: St. Petersburg. After breakfast optional an excursion to Peterhof, the famous imperial summer residence (1704) of Peter the Great. Visit to the Grand Palace, the park with sculptures, 144 fountains and cascade system. In the evening optional: Russian dinner at restaurant in St. Petersburg. Overnight: St. Petersburg.
Day 11, Monday: St. Petersburg. Breakfast at the hotel. End of the tour.
- 10 nights at the 5/4 star hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Morning pool and gym at hotels Radisson Blu Daugava, Meriton Grand Hotel
- Welcome cocktail at hotel in Vilnius
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minivan as per itinerary (no transfer hotel Holiday Inn City Helsinki- train station)
- Ferry ticket Tallinn- Helsinki
- Repin train ticket Helsinki - St.Petersburg
- English and German-speaking guide escort on days 2-9 (no guide escort from hotel in Tallinn to harbor, on ferry Tallinn – Helsinki, Hotel Inn City in Helsinki-railway station, on train Helsinki – St. Petersburg, St Petersburg railway station-hotel Novotel)
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrances to: St. Peter and Paul’s Church, Vilnius University with St. John’s Church, St. Stanislaw Cathedral, Amber gallery - museum and Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit in Vilnius, Trakai Castle, Rundale Palace, the Dome Church, St.Jacob’s Church and St. Mary Magdalene's Church in Riga, the Dome Church and Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky in Tallinn.
- Individual information package (city guides and program).
- Arrival transfer in Vilnius:
* Car (1-2 person): 35 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person): 55 EUR per vehicle
- Additional night in Vilnius:
* SGL 75 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* DBL 90 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
- Lithuanian dinner at restaurant ‘Lokys” in Vilnius: 30 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Jurmala – 35 EUR p/p Price includes: car and guide
- Latvian dinner at restaurant” Rozengrals” in Riga: 35 EUR p/p
- Excursion (3 hours) to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace: 40 EUR p/p Price includes: entrance ticket, car and guide
- Medieval dinner at restaurant” Pepersack” in Tallinn: 35 EUR p/p
- A combined boat and walking tour to the ancient Suomenlinna Sea fortress (3 hours): on request
- Visit to Hermitage Art museum (4 hours): 65 EURp/p Price includes: entrance ticket and guide. Transfers on request.
- Visit to folklore show at Nikolajevsky Palast: 40 EURp/p Price includes: entrance ticket. Transfers on request.
- Excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace (6 hours): 160 EUR p/p Price includes: entrance ticket, car and guide
Russian dinner at restaurant in St. Petersburg: 60 EUR p/p Price includes: dinner. Transfers on request.
- Additional night in St. Petersburg:
* SGL 230 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
* DBL 250 EUR per room per night, including breakfast.
- Departure transfer in St. Petersburg:
* Car (1-2 person): 80 EUR per vehicle
* Minivan (3-6 person): 140 EUR per vehicle
* Half board at hotels (10 x dinners 3 course menu + tea/coffee): 300 EUR p/p.
Tour Code: BFR02V/EN
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Lithuania Russia Local Culture Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend