What will I experience? A tour that will take you back in time.
The Ancient City: You will see what some archaeologists believe are the foundations of King David’s Palace, relive Biblical stories in the places that they happened, see Jewish homes that were destroyed by the Babylonians, walk through a dry Canaanite tunnel, see where scribal seals bearing Biblical names were found, visit an enormous ritual bath that was used by thousands of Jewish pilgrims 2,000 years ago, and much more. Most groups will also be able to watch a 15-minute 3-dimensional movie that shows the ancient history of the City of David.
From May 1 to September 30, we might also walk through Hezekiah’s Water Tunnel, built more than 2,500 years ago!
How early should I have my coffee? Rise n’ shine for the incredible day ahead. Meet just outside the Dung Gate at 8:30 am.
Anything else I need to know? A few important things to remember for your tour.
- The water in the tunnel can reach from the calves to thighs of adults. Small children may need to be carried, and the ceiling is about 5-feet high in some places.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes that are suitable for walking on rocky areas.
- If you plan to walk in the water tunnel, wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet. Bring a change of clothes and shoes if desired.
- Bring a small bottle of water in the winter, 1-2 liters per person in warm months.
- Wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen if needed in warm months.
- The site has many steps that must be ascended and descended.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Middle East Israel History Whiz Archeology/History Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend