Day 1: Cusco / Piscacuchu /Llulluchapampa
Transfer from the train station or by vehicle to the starting point of Inca Trail. The trail weaves through forest of eucalyptus and beautiful landscapes passing by archeological places such as: Q´ente, Pulpituyoc, Patallacta, etc. (Lunch. Dinner.)
Day 2: Llulluchapampa / Qhaquicocha
Breakfast. This day can be considered the hardest, passing the Huarmi Wañusqa at 4.250 meters above the sea level. It has a beautiful panorama of Wayllabamba and Runcuraccay. Trail continues to the valley of the river Pacaymayu. Descent and visit to Sayaqmarca. Later continue until Chaquicocha, where the second camp will be set up. (Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.)
Day 3: Chaquicocha / Winay Wayna
Breakfast. This is the longest portion of the trail. You will appreciate Runcuracay, security control post and ritual station; Sayaqmarca, with its narrow streets, religious fountains, backyard and a surrounding protective wall. Finally we'll reach Puyupatamarca where we will set up the camp. (Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.)
Day 4: Winay Wayna / Machu Picchu
It is the last part of the trail where you arrive to Intipunco (Door of the Sun), a place from where you will appreciate the view of Machu Picchu in its full majesty. Guided excursion to the spectacular Sacred City of the Incas "Machu Picchu". After the trip, transfer to Aguas Calientes town. (Lunch by its account) Back to Cuzco. (Breakfast)
- We strongly recommend that you buy travel insurance for this trip. Please contact us for more information or click in our travel insurance link.
- The camps indicated above can vary in their location depending on the supply and demand. The changes are made with the purpose of a better service.
- There is a national Park restriction for the amount of people that can trek the Inca Trail per day. Please let us know ASAP if you are planning to do it so we can reserve it for you.
- Prices are per person based in a double room accommodation and are subject to change without any notice.
- Optional extra night: One additional night in the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can find a thermal bath located inside the archaeological center.
- Flights are not included. Please contact us for your domestic or international flight fare.
- Please be advise that hotel category rating in South America frequently does not correspond to the star rating in the US especially when it comes to 3* & 4* hotels.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
South America Peru Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Camping
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend