Day 1: Guatemala – Antigua.
15:20 Airport Pick Up from Guatemala to La Antigua Guatemala.
Leisure afternoon in Antigua. This Spanish style town is famous for the unique architecture that was inherited from the colonial years. Government buildings, churches, convents and houses had stood the test of time, and give us their history narrated by one of our local guides. For over 232 years this town was the center of the Americas, having the first university founded on this side of the world.
Overnight in Antigua
Day 2: Antigua (B).
09:00 Tour in Antigua visiting:
- City Hall - History and politics
- Cathedral - Folklore and restoration (ruins)
- Palace of the Captains General - restoration
- Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo
- The Arch of Santa Catalina - remains of a convent
- La Merced - Church
- Capuchinas - ruins of the largest convent in Antigua Guatemala
Leisure afternoon in Antigua. Overnight in Antigua.
Day 3: Antigua -Pacaya Volcano (B).
Leisure morning in Antigua. 14:00 Transfer to Pacaya Volcano in a collective shuttle. Hiking this volcano will take around two hours. You will get to experience the thrill of climbing and active volcano, and observing lava rivers. 19:00 Arrival time in Antigua. Overnight in Antigua.
Day 4: Antigua -Panajachel (B).
08:00 Collective transportation to Panajachel, giving you a chance to see Guatemala`s wonderful landscape and the diversity of indigenous villages and multiple crops. This day you can relax in Panajachel. Overnight in Panajachel.
Day 5: Panajachel (B).
09:00 Collective guided boat tour around the lake visiting 3 villages:
- San Marcos la Laguna, it is a quiet town on Lake Atitlan, the town has become a bit of a Mecca for all things spiritual, with several meditation, yoga, and massage centers. It's one of the most beautiful spots on the lake.
- San Juan la Laguna, the village specializes in the weaving of petites, mats made from lake reeds, and there´s also a large weaving co-op where they welcome visitors and have plenty of goods for sale.
- Santiago Atitlan, overshadowed by the cones of the San Pedro, Atitlan and Tolimán volcanoes. It’s the largest and most important of the lakeside villages, and also one of the most traditional, here is where you can observe Mayan rites and Mayan divinities like Maximon. Overnight in Panajachel
Day 6: Panajachel - Chichicastenango - Antigua (B).
08:00 Take a collective shuttle from Panajachel to Chichicastenango. You arrive at Chichicastenango around nine in the morning, giving you around five hours, including your lunch time to visit all the market areas. Chichicastenango is attractive for the variety of crafts, huipiles, hamacs, wooden masks, lengths of embroidered cloth and garments that lay around the outer edges of the market in the most visible areas.
Besides the famous market, Masheños (citizens of Chichicastenango) are famous for their adherence to pre-Christian religious beliefs and ceremonies. You can readily see versions of these old rites in and around the church of Santo Tomás and the shrine of Pascual Abaj on the outskirts of town. 14:00 Departure time from Chichicastenango to Antigua. Overnight in Antigua.
Day 7: Antigua -Coban (B).
08:00 Collective shuttle to Coban, having the opportunity to observe a different type of landscape where you will see different ecosystems
14:00 Arrival time in Coban. Leisure afternoon in Coban. Overnight in Coban.
Day 8: Coban -Semuc Champey - Lanquin Caves (B,L).
06:00 Breakfast in the Hotel
06:45 Depart to Semuc Champey
09:30 Arrival time to the parking area of Semuc Champey, a 15 minute walk leads you to the beautiful crystal clear pools of water. Visit the area where the river enters an underground cave, and then where the river exits the cave. Swim in the pristine waters. Picnic lunch and leisure time. In the afternoon, depart from Semuc Champey and head to the Lanquin caves where you will be guided through them, and make sure you don’t miss the bats leaving the cave at dusk.
16:00 Return to Coban. Overnight in Coban.
Day 9: Coban - Flores.
10:00 Collective transportation to Flores
16:00 Arrival time in Flores. Overnight in Flores.
Day 10: Flores -Tikal (B,L).
07:30 Collective shuttle to the National Park of Tikal
09:30 the tour starts the tour by the ruins of Tikal with a local bilingual guide.
13:00 Lunch in a restaurant in Tikal
14:30 Time to go back to Flores. Overnight in Flores.
Day 11: Flores -Gumatemala -Antigua (B). Leisure morning in Flores.
15:30 Shuttle to the airport
Check in time for the flight to Guatemala City (you have to pay Q20.00 tax per person)
17:00 Flight FRS – GUA
18:00 Arrival time in the airport, where our shuttle will be waiting for you to drive you back to Antigua. Overnight in Antigua.
Day 12: Antigua -Guatemala (B).
09:00 Transportation to La Azotea Farm for a coffee tour
11:00 Transportation to Macadamia Farm for a tour around this experimental farm
12:00 Transfer to Antigua for Lunch time
13:00 take a tour in the surrounding towns of Antigua, visiting San Juan del Obispo, Ciudad Vieja, and San Antonio Aguas Calientes.
16:30 End of tour, depending on your flight departure you will spend the night in Antigua, or we take you back to the airport after the tour ends. End of Services.
- Taxes (VAT, Hotel taxes)
- Guided tours in Antigua, Chichicastenango, Lake Atitlan, Semuc Champey, Lanquin Caves, and Tikal.
- Local guide in the Pacaya Volcano
- Boat Transportation at Lake Atitlan.
- All land transportation on minibuses, sharing the transportation with other tourists
- Transfers to and from Airports
- Accommodation upon request
- Lunch in Tikal
- Box Lunch in Semuc Champey
- Entrances fee in Antigua, Coffee Farm, Macadamia Farm, Semuc Champey, Lanquin Caves and Tikal.
- Flight tickets FRS-GUA with TAG
- International Airfare
- Airport tax for international and local flights
- Personal Expenses
- Phone calls
- Entry Visa to Guatemala
- Personal Insurance
- Medical fees of similar
- Tips to guides, drivers, bellboys and maids
- Entrances fee at Pacaya Volcano
- Q20.00 tax per person in Flores airport
- 1 Breakfast in Hotel Casa Duranta
- Meals not described.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Guatemala History Whiz Archeology/History Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend