This 3-day off-road motorcycle tour starts in the mountains northeast of Los Angeles. It travels along diverse routes across barren desert and green mountains, with elevations as low as 285 feet below sea level and up to 7,000 feet above sea level. The tour ends with a ride on “The Strip” in Las Vegas. You will experience technical riding along twisting jeep roads, sandy washes, single trails with rocks and boulders, some dunes and plenty of OHV riding. There will be designated areas which allow you the freedom of creating your own true off-road motorcycle trail. Ninety-five percent of the tour is on dirt surface with only a small bit of pavement required to get to the accommodations or restaurants. You will traverse the 49er’s gold rush trail through Death Valley National Park and see locations like the Trona Pinnacles, the Twenty Mule Team Trail, or the Cuddyback Dry Lake all of which have been featured in many famous movies.
If you want a fun ride that requires some endurance, then this is the tour for you! The route is designed for riders with off-road experience; however, any experienced street biker in good physical condition can manage the route if they are welcome the challenge. On multi-day tours a support vehicle will transport your luggage and meet you at designated stops along the route. Two up riding is not recommended.
- Locations: Los Angeles area (Wrightwood) / Las Vegas
- Terrain: 95% off-road, 5% pavement, technical, twisty, narrow, unpaved 4x4 backroads, desert single trails, and open riding. 5-6 hours of riding per day.
- Riding days: 1 - 3 days (additional days can be added)
- Route length: 120 to 170 miles per day
- Motorcycles: KTM EXCR 450 or Suzuki DRZ 400
- Accommodations: Selected hotels and bed & breakfasts
- Highlights: Death Valley, Echo Canyon, Mengel Pass, Tufa Towers, Trona Pinnacles, dry lakebeds, gold mining ghost towns, Joshua trees, barrel cactus, dunes, unforgettable scenery!
Different price options are available for 1 to 3 day exclusive guided tours. Group discounts may apply.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
USA California Nevada Outdoor: Land Rambler Motorcycle Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend