Day 1: Arrive in Seoul (60 km)
Arrive at Incheon International Airport in Seoul, where you will be met and transferred to your downtown hotel. After check-in, the balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul.
Day 2: Seoul - Korean Folk Village - Seoul (130 km)
A morning tour of capital city of Seoul, where old meets new in modern Korea, established by the founder of Joseon Dynasty in 1392, one of the most fascinating cities in the world with more than 10,000,000 people, visits Gyeongbokgung Palace, the main palace during the Joseon Dynasty, passing by Blue House (Presidential Residence)；the National Folk Museum of Korea, the collections display complete items from every region of Korea which illustrate all aspects of traditional life ；and N Seoul Tower on Mt. Namsan for a bird's-eye view of metropolitan city of Seoul. An afternoon tour visits Korean Folk Village, outside of Seoul to see a superb and truly authentic display of Korean history including folk traditions, legends, and the lifestyles of the nobility, the 14th-20th centuries, Korea. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Seoul - Gyeongju (360 km)
This morning, travel to Gyeongju, where was the capital of the Silla Dynasty from 57 B.C. to 935 A.D. and designated by the UNESCO as one of the world's ten most historically significant sites with numerous relics of that era, and is called the "Museum Without Walls". An afternoon tour of Gyeongju visits Bunhwangsa Temple, erected in 634, is considered, with Cheomseongdae, one of the country's two oldest stone structures, and the pagoda was originally 9 stories high, only 3 remain today；Gyeongju National Museum, which has the best collection of Silla Dynasty artifacts with more than 100,000 pieces；Donggung Palace & Wolji Pond (Anapji Pond), constructed in 674 A.D. as a pleasure garden to commemorate the unification of the peninsula by the Silla forces, used the recreational area for the Silla royal family and banquet garden to entertain royal important guests ; Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory, built in 634 A.D., is considered the world's earliest known existing observatory and admired by archaeologists worldwide；Royal Tumuli Park, a collection of royal Silla tombs located in the middle of Gyeongju with 20 tombs, of which Cheonmachong (Flying Horse Tomb) is the most famous with its excavation which yielded more than 10,000 treasure-artifacts；and the 15th century built Family Choi's House. Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Gyeongju - Busan (90 km)
A morning tour of Gyoengju visits Bulguksa Temple, originally constructed in 535 A.D., the most frequented and best-known temple in Korea, was added to UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1995；and Seokguram Grotto, dating back to the same era as Bulguksa Temple, one of Asia's finest Buddhist shrines, an attempt to represent physically the highest spiritual aspirations, the crowning achievement of Shilla religio-artistic work, was added to UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995. Travel to Busan, the country's principal international port city, second largest city with a population of 4 million, and is the San Francisco of Korea built along the sea at the site of an excellent harbor. An afternoon tour of Busan visits Yongdusan Park, where provides a pleasant touch of greenery on a hill in the heart of the city and a very popular public park with Busan Tower ；Busan Tower, Yongdusan Park crowned with the tower, 120-m-high tower observatory dominates the most of the area of the city, and the sea and harbor views spreading below the tower are spectacular；Jagalchi Fish Market, Busan's most active fish-dealers' cooperative, the colorful spectacle is also a great attraction for tourists and camera buffs；Taejongdae Seaside Cliff Park, the scenery of rugged cliffs dropping straight down to the sea is breathtaking, along with a panoramic sea view from the Park, overlooking the Korean Straiton a very clear day you can even see the Japanese island of Tsushima on the horizon to the southeast ；and UN Memorial Cemetery where the Korean War (1950-53) dead from the sixteen UN allies rest in honored serenity and is the only one in its kind in the world. Overnight in Busan. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Busan - Jejudo Island (300 km)
This morning fly to Jejudo Island with 50 minutes, Korea's largest Island which is often described as "Emerald Isle" or "Island of Gods" and most "exotic" region, and is one of Korea's premier tourist regions as undiscovered and unspoiled tourist destinations. Jejudo Island was added to the UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve List in 2002, the UNESCO’s World Natural Heritage List in 2007, the UNESCO's Global Geoparks Network (GGN) List in 2010, and was named as one of the New Seven Natural Wonders of the World in 2011. An afternoon tour of Jeju city, capital and hub of Jejudo Province, visits the Jeju Folklore & Natural History Museum which has a huge exhibition room decorated with black volcanic rocks and a large collection of folkcrafts, as well as exhibits of geology, flora and fauna of the island；Samseonghyeol Holes (Ancestral Spirit Holes) whose shrine to the island's 3 legendary clan progenitors, emerged from the three small holes in this meadow, and annually grand worship ceremony is given by the islanders；and Yongduam (Dragon Head Rock), an unusual lava formation set at the edge of the ocean, gets its name from the fact that it looks like a dragon head which is opening its mouth to roar. Over night in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Jejudo Island (160 km)
A full day tour of Jejudo Island visits Cheonjiyeon Waterfall, cascades down a cliff 22 meters high and 12 meters wide into a natural tropical pond inhabited by eels and surrounded by lush vegetation, and many fossils can be found around the falls；Jusangjeolli, stone pillars piled up along the coast and is a designated cultural monument of Jejudo Island. The Jusangjeolli was formed when the lava from Mt.Hallasan flew to the sea of Jungmun. They are rock pillars shaped like cubes or hexagons of various sizes. The administration of the district named them 'Jisatgae Rocks' from their old name 'Jisatgae'. It is also famous for its 20m cliff with the high tides and sea angling；Yeomiji Botanical Gardens, located at the heart of Jungmun Resorts and it is the largest botanical garden in Asia with an area of 13,373㎡, and the indoor garden contains over 2,000 different sub-tropical and tropical plants and there is a 38-meter-high observation tower overlooking the whole Jungmun Tourist Complex and its surrounding seashore, and an outdoor garden where are areas devoted to the styles of other countries such as traditional Japanese, Italian, and French gardens as well as traditional Korean garden；Seongeup Folk Village, the only non-coastal town of significance, is the island's best preserved old community and has been designated as a "folklore preservation zone", where the villagers still live behind the stone courtyard walls in thatched-roof, and mud and rock homes；Sangumburi Crater, 438 meters above sea level and is located in an elegant wilderness, the circumference measures 2 km and the center area is about 298,000㎡ in which grows at least 420 species of sub-tropical, temperate and alpine zone plants providing ample opportunity for botanical study；Seongsan Ilchulbong (Seongsan's Sunrise Peak), rising from the double-headed peninsula at the eastern end of the island, this volcanic crater rises 182 m straight up from the water, and the whole crater is surrounded by 99 sharp, basalt pinnacles which looks like an ancient western-style castle or crown from a distance and reflects marvelous scenery；and Manjanggul Cave, 13.4 km in length, this cave is reputed to be the world's longest lava tube, and has many interesting and grotesque-shaped lava stones and lava pillars along its length. Drive back to Jeju city. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Jejudo Island - Seoul (460 km) - Departure
Transfer to Jeju Domestic Airport and one hour flight to Seoul, and then connect with international flight at Incheon International Airport for departure. Includes: (B).
B - Breakfast.
Local 3* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 2725 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 2133 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 1720 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 1308 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 1102 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 286
Local 4* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 2835 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 2243 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 1830 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 1418 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 1212 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 365
- 6 Nights accommodations on double or twin share basis at above hotels.
- Daily buffet or American breakfast at the hotels (6).
- Round trip transfers between airport and hotel, and all transfers and sightseeing tours as per itinerary by private appropriate vehicle.
- Domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul is included for a guide.
- An English speaking local guide throughout from meeting at airport until seeing off at airport.
- All admission fees of tour sites, porterage, toll & parking fees, and hotel/other all taxes & service charges.
- International airfare to/from Korea and domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul.
- Hotel early check-in (before 2 pm) and late check-out (after 12 noon).
- All lunches and all dinners.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- 3rd Person for extra bed or children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are on double or twin sharing will have 10% discounted rate from the prices.
- Children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are 3rd person for extra bed will have 20% discounted rate from the prices.
* When you need French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Russian speaking guide, please add per group per day USD 140.
* If you want domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul included, please add USD 190 p/p.
* If lunches and/or dinners are needed, please add USD 14 p/p per meal at local typical restaurants for Korean,
Chinese or western food on group meals with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 45 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) with a Korean folklore dance and music performance at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 76 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* Please be advised that domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul is not included. You can purchase the Korean Air domestic air ticket in your country along with the Korean Air international air ticket. Then, the domestic air ticket can be purchased with less fare than purchasing in Korea. We will purchase the domestic air ticket for a guide here in Korea. The domestic airfare for a guide is included in the prices. All the air tickets can be purchased inexpensively in the starting countries.
- Minimum 2 Travelers.
- We do not accept 1 Traveler Request.
- For a larger group please contact us.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia South Korea Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History