Day 1: Arrive in Seoul (60 km)
Arrive at Incheon International Airport in Seoul, where you will be met and transferred to your downtown hotel. After check-in, the balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul.
Day 2: Seoul
A full day tour of capital city of Seoul includes the National Museum of Korea which displays rich and priceless artifacts from prehistoric Korea to the end of the Joseon Dynasty, Changdeokgung Palace / Biwon (Secret Garden), Insadong Antique District, Jogyesa Temple, and Namdaemun Market. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Seoul - Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon - Korean Folk Village - Seoul (150 km)
This morning travel to Suwon walled city, and enjoy a tour of Hwaseong Fortress, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1997. Afterwards, visit the Korean Folk Village outside of Seoul. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Seoul - DMZ & 3rd Tunnel - Seoul (90 km)
Today tour includes the North Korea’s 3rd Infiltration Tunnel within DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), Dora Observatory for a view of the North Korean territory, and Dorasan Railroad Station opened in DMZ. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Seoul - Beopjusa Temple - Andong for Hanok (Korean traditional houses) Stay (320 km)
This morning travel to Beopjusa Temple at the foot of Mt. Songnisan National Park. Proceed to Andong, one of the last living vestiges of old Korea. A tour of Andong includes Dosanseowon Confucian Academy and Andong Folk Museum. Continue to Jirye House or Suaedang House for Hanok (Korean traditional houses) Stay in Andong. Dinner at the house to taste a typical regional food. Overnight at the house of the Hanok in Andong. Includes: (B), (D).
Day 6: Andong - Hahoe Historic Village - Haeinsa Temple for a Temple Stay Program (190 km)
A morning tour of Andong visits the Korean Traditional Paper making Factory. Proceed to Hahoe Historic Village, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 2010. Continue to Haeinsa Temple whose Depositories and Tripitaka Koreana Wooden Printing Blocks were added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995. After a tour of the temple, you will have a Temple Stay Program at the temple to experience Temple Life and Buddhist Culture. Dinner at the temple to experience a temple food. Overnight at a hotel in the temple village.
Includes: (B), (D).
Day 7: Haeinsa Temple - Gyeongju (180 km)
Travel to Gyeongju where was the capital of the Silla Dynasty from 57 B.C. to 935 A.D. and designated by UNESCO as one of the world's ten most historically significant sites. An afternoon tour of Gyeongju includes Bunhwangsa Temple, Gyeongju National Museum, Donggung Palace & Wolji Pond (Anapji Pond), Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory, Royal Tumuli Park, and the 15th century built Family Choi's House. Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 8: Gyeongju
A full day tour of Gyeongju visits Bulguksa Temple, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995, Seokguram Grotto, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995, Mt. Namsan, an open-air museum unique in the world of the Silla Dynasty, Golgulsa Temple, Gyerim Forest, Seokbinggo (Stone Ice Storage). Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 9: Gyeongju - Busan (90 km)
This morning travel to Busan, the country's principal international port city. En route, visit Tongdosa Temple where houses holy relics (a piece of bone from the Buddha's skull, his robe, and begging bowl). An afternoon tour of Busan visits Yongdusan Park, Busan Tower, Jagalchi Fish Market, Taejongdae Seaside Cliff Park (Taejongdae Resort Park), and UN Memorial Cemetery. Overnight in Busan. Includes: (B).
Day 10: Busan - Seoul (450 km)
Return to Seoul. The balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 11: Seoul - Departure (60 km)
Transfer to Incheon International Airport for departure. Includes: (B).
B - Breakfast. D - Dinner.
Local 3* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 3776 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 2974 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 2417 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 1860 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 1582 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 486
Local 4* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 3963 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 3160 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 2604 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 2048 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 1768 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 623
- 10 Nights accommodations on double or twin share basis at above hotels.
- Daily buffet or American breakfast at the hotels (9). Korean breakfast (1) and Korean typical regional dinner (1) at Jirye House or Suaedang House. Temple dinner at Haeinsa Temple (1).
- Round trip transfers between airport and hotel, and all transfers and sightseeing tours as per itinerary by private appropriate vehicle.
- An English speaking local guide throughout from meeting at airport until seeing off at airport.
- All admission fees of tour sites, porterage, toll & parking fees, and hotel/other all taxes & service charges.
- International airfare to/from Korea.
- Hotel early check-in (before 2 pm) and late check-out (after 12 noon).
- All lunches and all dinners except one dinner at Jirye House or Suaedang House and one dinner at Haeinsa Temple.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- 3rd Person for extra bed or children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are on double or twin sharing will have 10% discounted rate from the prices.
- Children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are 3rd person for extra bed will have 20% discounted rate from the prices.
* When you need French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Russian speaking guide, please add per group per day USD 140.
* If lunches and/or dinners are needed, please add USD 14 p/p per meal at local typical restaurants for Korean,
Chinese or western food on group meals with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) at Korea
House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 45 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) with a Korean folklore dance and music performance at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 76 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
- Minimum 2 Travelers.
- We do not accept 1 Traveler Request.
- For a larger group please contact us.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia South Korea Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History