Day 1: Arrive in Seoul (60 km)
Arrive at Incheon International Airport in Seoul, where you will be met and transferred to your downtown hotel. After check-in, the balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul.
Day 2: Seoul
A full day tour of capital city of Seoul includes Gyeongbokgung Palace, passing by Blue House (Presidential Residence), the National Folk Museum of Korea, Namdaemun Market, Changdeokgung Palace / Biwon (Secret Garden), Insadong Antique District, Jogyesa Temple, and N Seoul Tower on Mt. Namsan for a bird's-eye view of Metropolitan city of Seoul. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Seoul - Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon - Korean Folk Village - Seoul (150 km)
This morning travel to Suwon walled city, and enjoy a tour of Hwaseong Fortress, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1997. Afterwards, visit the Korean Folk Village outside of Seoul. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Seoul - DMZ & 3rd Tunnel - Seoul (90 km)
Today tour includes the North Korea’s 3rd Infiltration Tunnel within DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), Dora Observatory for a view of the North Korean territory, and Dorasan Railroad Station opened in DMZ. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Seoul - Ganghwado Island - Seoul (80 km)
A full day excursion travels to Ganghwado Island, offers numerous prehistoric remains and historical attractions. A tour includes Ganghwa Historical Museum, the Birthplace of 25th Joseon King, Cheoljong, the Oldest Anglican Church, Prehistoric Dolmen, designated as the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage in 2000, Jeondeungsa Temple, Gwangseongbo Fortress, and Ginseng Center. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Seoul - Naksansa Temple - Mt. Seoraksan National Park (240 km)
Today, we journey to Mt. Seoraksan National Park, making it the "Alps of Asia". En route to Naksansa Temple, set at the edge of the ocean.This afternoon explore Mt. Seoraksan National Park with visits to Sinheungsa Temple, Cheonbuldong Valley, and Biseondae (Flying Fairy Rock). Overnight at a hotel at the foot of Mt. Seoraksan. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Mt. Seoraksan National Park - Cheongpung Cultural Properties Complex - Chungjuho Lake - Danyang (250 km)
This morning drive to Cheongpung Cultural Properties Complex, located on a ridge above Chungjuho Lake, and then take a venture of Chungjuho Lake by cruise. Later, transfer to Danyang. En route visit Gosudonggul Cave which contains glistening stalactites in all shapes and sizes, called the "Underground Palace". Overnight in Danyang. Includes: (B).
Day 8: Danyang - Buseoksa Temple - Andong for Hanok (Korean traditional houses) Stay (170 km)
This morning travel to Andong, one of the last living vestiges of old Korea. En route to Buseoksa Temple, established in 676 A.D., one of Korea's most venerated temples with 5 national treasures and 3 treasures, the panoramic mountains' spreading views from the temple are spectacular. After arrival in Andong visit Dosanseowon Confucian Academy and Hahoe Village, the best preserved traditional village of the Joseon Dynasty, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 2010. Continue to Jirye House or Suaedang House for Hanok (Korean traditional houses) Stay in Andong. Dinner at the house to taste a typical regional food. Overnight at the house of the Hanok in Andong. Includes: (B), (D).
Day 9: Andong - Beopjusa Temple - Gongju - Gwanchoksa Temple - Daejeon (360 km)
This morning travel to Beopjusa Temple, with many famous artworks including 108-foot-high bronze statue of Buddha, at the foot of Mt. Songnisan National Park. Drive to Gongju, the capital of the ancient Baekje Dynasty. A tour of Gongju visits King Muryeong's Tomb and Gongju National Museum. Continue to Gwanchoksa Temple, has one of Korea’s most interesting Buddha statues. Afterwards, transfer to Daejeon, the fifth largest city. Overnight in Daejeon. Includes: (B).
Day 10: Daejeon - Haeinsa Temple - Gyeongju (300 km)
This morning travel to Haeinsa Temple whose Depositories and Tripitaka Koreana Wooden Printing Blocks were added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995. Continue to Gyeongju where was the capital of the Silla Dynasty from 57 B.C. to 935 A.D. and designated by UNESCO as one of the world's ten most historically significant sites. An afternoon tour of Gyeongju includes Bunhwangsa Pagoda, Gyeongju National Museum, Donggung Palace & Wolji Pond (Anapji Pond), Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory, and Royal Tumuli Park. Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 11: Gyeongju - Busan (90 km)
A morning tour of Gyeongju visits Bulguksa Temple, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995 and Seokguram Grotto, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995. Continue to Busan, the country's principal international port city. En route, visit Tongdosa Temple where houses holy relics (a piece of bone from the Buddha's skull, his robe, and begging bowl). The balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Busan. Includes: (B).
Day 12: Busan - Jejudo Island (300 km)
A morning tour of Busan explores Yongdusan Park, Busan Tower, Kukje Market, and Jagalchi Fish Market. In the afternoon transfer to Busan (Gimhae) Domestic Airport and fly to Jejudo Island with 50 minutes. The balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 13: Jejudo Island (East Course) (180 km)
Jejudo Island is Korea's largest Island which is often described as "Emerald Isle" or "Island of Gods". Jejudo Island was added to the UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve List in 2002, the UNESCO’s World Natural Heritage List in 2007, the UNESCO's Global Geoparks Network (GGN) List in 2010, and was named as one of the New Seven Natural Wonders of the World in 2011. A full day tour of Jejudo Island includes Cheonjiyeon Waterfall, Seopjikoji (Seopji sudden bump on land), Yeomiji Botanical Gardens, Jusangjeolli (stone pillars piled up along the coast), Seongeup Folk Village, Sangumburi Crater, Seongsan Ilchulbong (Seongsan's Sunrise Peak) Crater, and Manjanggul Cave. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 14: Jejudo Island (West Course) (170 km)
A full day tour of Jejudo Island includes Mt. Sanbangsan, Sanbanggulsa Temple, Hamel Monument, Andok Valley, Jeju Sculpture Park, Bunjae Artpia (Spirited Garden), Hallim Park, and Anti-Mongol Historical Site. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 15: Jejudo Island
Day is at leisure. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 16: Jejudo Island - Seoul (460 km) - Departure
Transfer to Jeju Domestic Airport and one hour flight to Seoul, then connect with international flight at Incheon International Airport for departure. Includes: (B).
B - Breakfast. D - Dinner.
Local 3* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 5684 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 4483 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 3648 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 2813 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 2395 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 724
Local 4* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 5972 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 4770 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 3936 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 3100 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 2684 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 936
- 15 Nights accommodations on double or twin share basis at above hotels.
- Daily buffet or American breakfast at the hotels (14). Korean breakfast (1) and Korean regional dinner (1) at Jirye House or Suaedang House.
- Round trip transfers between airport and hotel, and all transfers and sightseeing tours as per itinerary by private appropriate vehicle.
- Domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul is included for a guide.
- An English speaking local guide throughout from meeting at airport until seeing off at airport.
- All admission fees of tour sites, porterage, toll & parking fees, and hotel/other all taxes & service charges.
- International airfare to/from Korea and domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul.
- Hotel early check-in (before 2 pm) and late check-out (after 12 noon).
- All lunches and all dinners except one dinner at Jirye House or Suaedang House.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- 3rd Person for extra bed or children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are on double or twin sharing will have 10% discounted rate from the prices.
- Children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are 3rd person for extra bed will have 20% discounted rate from the prices.
* When you need French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Russian speaking guide, please add per group per day USD 140.
* If you want domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul included, please add USD 190 p/p.
* If lunches and/or dinners are needed, please add USD 14 p/p per meal at local typical restaurants for Korean, Chinese or western food on group meals with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 45 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) with a Korean folklore dance and music performance at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 76 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* Please be advised that domestic airfare for Busan/Jejudo Island/Seoul is not included. You can purchase the Korean Air domestic air ticket in your country along with the Korean Air international air ticket. Then, the domestic air ticket can be purchased with less fare than purchasing in Korea. We will purchase the domestic air ticket for a guide here in Korea. The domestic airfare for a guide is included in the prices. All the air tickets can be purchased inexpensively in the starting countries.
- Minimum 2 Travelers.
- We do not accept 1 Traveler Request.
- For a larger group please contact us.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia South Korea Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend