Day 1: Arrive in Seoul (60 km)
Arrive at Incheon International Airport in Seoul, where you will be met and transferred to your downtown hotel. After check-in, the balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul.
Day 2: Seoul
A full day tour of capital city of Seoul includes the National Museum of Korea which displays rich and priceless artifacts from prehistoric Korea to the end of the Joseon Dynasty, Gyeongbokgung Palace, passing by Blue House (Presidential Residence), the National Folk Museum of Korea, Insadong Antique District, Jogyesa Temple, and Namsangol Traditional Korean Village. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Seoul - Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon - Korean Folk Village - Beopjusa Temple at the foot of Mt. Songnisan National Park (270 km)
This morning travel to Suwon walled city, and enjoy a tour of Hwaseong Fortress, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1997. Afterwards, visit the Korean Folk Village. Proceed to Beopjusa Temple at the foot of Mt. Songnisan National Park. Beopjusa Temple was established in 553 A.D. during the Silla Dynasty. With its numerous treasures and National Monuments, Beopjusa Temple is the best place in which to experience the brilliant history of Buddist civilization. Overnight at a hotel in the temple village. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Mt. Songnisan National Park - Haeinsa Temple (180 km)
This morning short trekking to Mt. Songnisan National Park (appx. 2 hours – round trip), and then travel to Haeinsa Temple whose Depositories and Tripitaka Koreana Wooden Printing Blocks were added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995. Overnight at a hotel in the temple village. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Haeinsa Temple - Hwaeomsa Temple - Songgwangsa Temple - Hwasun - Gwangju (250 km)
This morning travel to Hwaeomsa Temple, one of the 10 most famous temples in Korea with 3 National Treasures, 4 Treasures and one Natural Monument. Proceed to Songgwangsa Temple which was originally constructed in 900s toward the end of the Silla Dynasty and one of the 3 treasure temples of Korea along with Tongdosa Temple and Haeinsa Temple. Continue to Hwasun Dolmen Site whose dolmens date back to the Bronze Age. The Dolmen Remains was added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 2000. Later, drive to Gwangju, the largest city in Jeolla-do Province, the birthplace of a modern democratic movement in Korea. Overnight in Gwangju. Includes: (B).
Day 6: Gwangju - Jejudo Island (180 km)
This morning fly to Jejudo Island with 40 minutes. Jejudo Island is Korea's largest Island which is often described as "Emerald Isle" or "Island of Gods". Jejudo Island was added to the UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve List in 2002, the UNESCO’s World Natural Heritage List in 2007, the UNESCO's Global Geoparks Network (GGN) List in 2010, and was named as one of the New Seven Natural Wonders of the World in 2011. An afternoon tour of Jeju city includes Yongduam (Dragon Head Rock), Samseonghyeol Holes (Ancestral Spirit Holes), and Jeju Folklore & Natural History Museum. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Jejudo Island (East Course) (180 km)
A full day tour of Jejudo Island includes Mysterious Road, Yakcheonsa Temple, Cheonjiyeon Waterfall, Seopjikoji (Seopji sudden bump on land), Yeomiji Botanical Gardens, Jusangjeolli (stone pillars piled up along the coast), Seongeup Folk Village, Sangumburi Crater, Seongsan Ilchulbong (Seongsan's Sunrise Peak) Crater, and Manjanggul Cave. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 8: Jejudo Island (West Course) (170 km)
A full day tour of Jejudo Island includes Mt. Sanbangsan, Sanbanggulsa Temple, Hamel Monument, Andok Valley, Jeju Sculpture Park, Bunjae Artpia (Spirited Garden), Hallim Park, and Anti-Mongol Historical Site. Overnight in Jeju city. Includes: (B).
Day 9: Jejudo Island - Gwangju - Boseong - Suncheon - Tongyeong Harbor (230 km)
This morning fly back to Gwangju with 40 minutes, and travel to Boseong where is known as the largest tea-growing area in Korea and the birthplace of Korea’s tea industry. Proceed to Suncheon and visit Naganeupseong Fortress, constructed in 15th century during Joseon Dynasty and its Folk Village surrounded by the Fortress. Afterwards, continue to Tongyeong Harbor which is called as Napoli of the Orient and centered near the islands of Hallyeo Maritime National Park. After taking a view of the harbor city, take a Cable Car riding for a magnificent panoramic view of the Hallyeo Maritime National Park from the Mt. Mireuksan peak. Overnight in Tongyeong. Includes: (B).
Day 10: Tongyeong Harbor - Hallyeo Maritime National Park - Busan (160 km)
This morning take a cruise tour of Hallyeo Maritime National Park for natural beauty stretching across 400 islands along the southern coast. A cruise tour of Hallyeo Maritime National Park is subject to cancel according to the weather. Then, this time will be left for leisure or an improvised trip which you may arrange. In the afternoon travel to Busan, the country's principal international port city, second largest city with a population of 3.5 million. The balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Busan. Includes: (B).
Day 11: Busan - Gyeongju (90 km)
A tour of Busan includes Yongdusan Park, Busan Tower, Jagalchi Fish Market, Beomeosa Temple, Taejongdae Seaside Cliff Park (Taejongdae Resort Park), and UN Memorial Cemetery. Afterwards, proceed to Gyeongju where was the capital of the Silla Dynasty from 57 B.C. to 935 A.D. and designated by the UNESCO as one of the world's ten most historically significant sites. En route, visit Tongdosa Temple where houses holy relics (a piece of bone from the Buddha's skull, his robe, and begging bowl). Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 12: Gyeongju
A full day tour of Gyeongju includes Bulguksa Temple, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995, Seokguram Grotto, added to the UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage List in 1995, Bunhwangsa Pagoda, Gyeongju National Museum, Donggung Palace & Wolji Pond (Anapji Pond), Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory, Royal Tumuli Park, and the 15th century built Family Choi's House. Overnight in Gyeongju. Includes: (B).
Day 13: Yangdong Historic Village - Hahoe Historic Village - Andong (190 km)
This morning travel to Yangdong Historic Village in Gyeongju. Yangdong Historic Village is Korea’s largest traditional village along with Hahoe Historic Village, showcasing the traditional culture of the Joseon Dynasty and the beautiful natural surroundings. Charles, Prince of Wales, visited this village in 1993. The Yangdong Historic Village was designated as the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage along with Hahoe Historic Village in 2010. Proceed to Hahoe Historic Village in Andong, the best preserved traditional village of the Joseon Dynasty, where residents still live in traditional thatched and tile-roofed houses and one of the few remaining examples of a classical Joseon Dynasty Confucian village layout. Queen Elisabeth II visited Hahoe Historic Village and was welcomed with Birthday Party Table decorated in Korean traditional way. The Hahoe Historic Village was designated as the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage along with Yangdong Historic Village in 2010. Overnight in Andong. Includes: (B).
Day 14: Andong - Buseoksa Temple - Mt. Seoraksan National Park (360 km)
A morning tour of Andong visits Dosanseowon Confucian Academy. Travel to Mt. Seoraksan National Park, making it the "Alps of Asia". En route, visit Buseoksa Temple, established in 676 A.D., one of Korea's most venerated temples with 5 national treasures and 3 treasures, the panoramic mountains' spreading views from the temple are spectacular. Overnight at a hotel at the foot of Mt. Seoraksan National Park. Includes: (B).
Day 15: Mt. Seoraksan National Park - Naksansa Temple - Mt. Seoraksan National Park (80 km)
Today explore Mt. Seoraksan National Park with visits to Gwongeumseong Fortress which is accessible by cable car, enjoy a great birds’ eye view of Mt. Seoraksan National Park from the rocky peak of the fortress, Sinheungsa Temple, established in 653 A.D., claims to be the country's oldest Zen Buddhist temple, the oldest existing Zen temple in the world, Cheonbuldong Valley, and Biseondae (Flying Fairy Rock). Afterwards, visit Naksansa Temple, set at the edge of the ocean, boasts a 1300-year history. Overnight at a hotel at the foot of Mt. Seoraksan National Park. Includes: (B).
Day 16: Mt. Seoraksan National Park - Seoul (210 km)
This morning travel back to Seoul. The balance of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Seoul. Includes: (B).
Day 17: Seoul - Departure (60 km)
Transfer to Incheon International Airport for departure. Includes: (B).
B - Breakfast.
Local 3* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 6422 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 5047 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 4090 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 3132 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 2655 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 762
Local 4* hotels:
- 2 Travelers: USD 6703 p/p
- 3 Travelers: USD 5328 p/p
- 4-5 Travelers: USD 4370 p/p
- 6-7 Travelers: USD 3414 p/p
- 8-9 Travelers: USD 2936 p/p
- Single Supplement: USD 965
- 16 Nights accommodations on double or twin share basis at above hotels.
- Daily buffet or American breakfast at the hotels (16).
- Round trip transfers between airport and hotel, and all transfers and sightseeing tours as per itinerary by private appropriate vehicle.
- Domestic airfare for Gwangju/Jejudo Island/Gwangju is included for a guide.
- An English speaking local guide throughout from meeting at airport until seeing off at airport.
- All admission fees of tour sites, porterage, toll & parking fees, and hotel/other all taxes & service charges.
- International airfare to/from Korea and domestic airfare for Gwangju/Jejudo Island/Gwangju.
- Hotel early check-in (before 2 pm) and late check-out (after 12 noon).
- All lunches and all dinners.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- 3rd Person for extra bed or children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are on double or twin sharing will have 10% discounted rate from the prices.
- Children under the age of 12 at the time of travel who are 3rd person for extra bed will have 20% discounted rate from the prices.
* When you need French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Russian speaking guide, please add per group per day USD 140.
* If you want domestic airfare for Gwangju/Jejudo Island/Gwangju included, please add USD 170 p/p.
* If lunches and/or dinners are needed, please add USD 14 p/p per meal at local typical restaurants for Korean, Chinese or western food on group meals with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 45 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* If a dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) or a farewell dinner (Korean traditional typical buffet) with a Korean folklore dance and music performance at Korea House in Seoul is needed, please add USD 76 p/p with transfers & guide assistance.
* Please be advised that domestic airfare for Gwangju/Jejudo Island/Gwangju is not included. You can purchase the Korean Air domestic air ticket in your country along with the Korean Air international air ticket. Then, the domestic air ticket can be purchased with less fare than purchasing in Korea. We will purchase the domestic air ticket for a guide here in Korea. The domestic airfare for a guide is included in the prices. All the air tickets can be purchased inexpensively in the starting countries.
- Minimum 2 Travelers.
- We do not accept 1 Traveler Request.
- For a larger group please contact us.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia South Korea Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend