Tour Dates- 4th to 15th July (12 days)
Tour Price- US$4,675 per person sharing (see below)
(Tour price fixed in US$, other rates subject to exchange rate fluctuations)
Tour Size- Limited to 12 participants & 1 leader & 1 local birding leader
4th July- Arrive in Entebbe and drive to Masindi via Mabamba Wetland
5th July- Budongo Forest - Royal Mile birding all day
6th July- Masindi to Kibale NP
7th July- Kibale NP – Chimpanzee tracking & birding
8th July- Kibale NP to Queen Elizabeth NP
9th July- QENP - Game drives & Kazinga Channel boat ride
10th July- Queen Elizabeth NP to Bwindi NP via Ishasha section of QENP
11th & 12th July- Buhoma, Bwindi Impenetrable NP – Birding and optional Gorilla tracking.
13th July- Buhoma to Ruhija, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
14th July- Ruhija - birding Mubwindi Swamp
15th July- Ruhija to Entebbe and departure
The tour will be limited to a maximum of 12 participants & 1 RBT leader & 1 local birding leader.
The fee for the Budget Uganda Birding tour is US$4,675 per person sharing from Entebbe, Uganda.
The single supplement for this tour is US$375. You will be charged a single supplement if you desire single accommodations, or if you prefer to share but have no roommate and we cannot provide one for you. If you request single accommodations, every attempt to grant your request will be made.
Should you wish to pay for this tour in Great British Pound (£), Euro (€), or South African Rand (ZAR), please refer to our website for the current exchange rate.
For Budget Uganda Birding current exchange rates please click here.
The cost of the optional gorilla trekking permit is US$600* and must be purchased on your behalf by RBT (this secured by way of a non-refundable US$600 that must be sent along with the standard US$600 tour deposit – full deposit and registration details can be found on the RBT Booking form). It is important to note that the Gorilla permits are subject to availability and therefore it is imperative that you book early and inform the office upon signing up for the Uganda tour that you require a permit.
* Please note: this is the current cost as of February.
• Meals on a bed and breakfast basis from Day 2 to Day 12, with the exception of Buhoma and Ruhija, which are full board;
• Bottled drinking water while in transit;
• Accommodations (For more information regarding the tour accommodation, please contact the office);
• Ground transportation during the tour;
• Gratuities for drivers/guides; and
• All guiding services.
The tour fee does not include:
• Any airfares;
• Visa fees;
• The optional gorilla trek permit (see above);
• Any drinks over and above the bottled drinking water supplied while in transit;
• Any gratuities other than those mentioned above; and
• Telephone calls, laundry and other items of a personal nature.
a) Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we now quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 3 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate domestic flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
b) Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration (a minimum of 5 paying participants) a small party supplement will have to be charged.
c) Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
d) Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
As noted above, gratuities for local guides and drivers are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader and other staff (restaurants, hotel staff etc). If, therefore, you feel that your leader and/or any other staff have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
• Due to the nature of this tour, the accommodation used is of a lesser standard when compared to that of our Classic tour. For more information regarding the tour accommodation, please contact the office.
• In some areas it can be quite hot. On most mornings, we will be up and out very early and the days will be long with most of the day dedicated to exploring for birds and mammals.
• At times, we may be walking on narrow and/or steep forest trails (entirely optional) to find a few special birds. Our pace will, however, be slow in the forests.
• Although this Uganda tour does not require a high level of fitness, participants should be in good general health as much of the forest birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time. There will be a few lengthy drives and many of the days will be long with early starts. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
• The optional gorilla trek at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest generally involves several hours of strenuous walking on steep slopes, often off-trail. The chance of finding the gorillas is very high, but on some occasions in the past the trackers haven’t been able to locate the mobile family groups. Please also note that new regulations have meant that permits cannot be purchased for a particular group and that the group you will be trekking will be allocated on the morning of the trek. Further to this our tour group may not be able to trek the same group of Gorillas and we could well be split up into a few different trekking parties.
• The optional walk down to Mubwindi Swamp entails hiking along a long trail (roughly 10 km return) which is quite steep and, at times muddy. As the pace is often slow, we will be walking for a considerable amount of time on this day. Please note that should you have any physical limitations, then it is not recommended that you partake in this activity, however alternative birding arrangements will be made for you on this day should you opt not to do this walk.
• The vehicles used are comfortable stretched Landcruiser 4X4’s with open roof-hatches.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE DETAILS:
This tour does not include ANY airfares. On the first day of the tour we have a full day’s birding and it is strongly recommended that you arrive on the day before the tour starts. The tour will conclude in the late afternoon/early evening of day 12 at Entebbe International Airport. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Entebbe is the main port of entry for international flights in Uganda and is well serviced by most of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please DO NOT book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
It is important to note that the Gorilla permits are subject to availability and therefore it is imperative that you book early and inform the office upon signing up for the Uganda tour that you require a permit.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Uganda Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching