Tour Dates - 17th October to 7th November (22 Days)
Tour Price - US$7,500 per person sharing
US$1,140 approximate cost of domestic flights
(Tour price fixed in US$, other rates subject to exchange rate fluctuations)
Tour Size - Limited to 8 participants and 1 leader
17th October - Arrival in Antananarivo
18th October - Antananarivo to Mahajanga and Ampijoroa Forest Station
19th October - Ampijoroa Forest Station
20th October - Ampijoroa to Mahajanga
21st October - Mahajanga to Tana with excursion to Betsiboka Delta
22nd October - Antananarivo to Perinet
23rd & 24th October - Perinet Special Reserve and Mantadia National Park
25th October - Perinet to Anjozorobe
26th October - Anjozorobe
27th October - Anjozorobe to Tana, and Tana to Berenty via Fort Dauphin
28th October - Berenty Lemur Reserve
29th October - Berenty Lemur Reserve to Fort Dauphin and Tulear to Ifaty
30th October - Ifaty
31st October - Ifaty to Tulear
1st November - San Augustin and Nosy Ve
2nd November - Tulear to Isalo National Park via Zombitse Forest
3rd November - Isalo National Park to Ranomafana National Park
4th & 5th November - Ranomafana National Park
6th November - Ranomafana National Park to Tana
7th November - Tana and depart
This tour is limited to 8 participants & 1 leader.
The price for the Madagascar Comprehensive II tour is US$7,500 per person sharing. (Please note: The price does NOT include the domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary. As a general guideline, we suggest you budget +/- US$1,140 per person. We can book these flights on your behalf at no extra charge. We also offer the service of booking the flight from Johannesburg to Antananarivo)
The single supplement cost for this tour is US$1,070. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
Should you wish to pay for this tour in Great British Pound (£), Euros (€), or South African Rand (ZAR), please refer to our website for the current exchange rate.
For Madagascar Comprehensive current exchange rates please click here.
• All meals from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 22;
• Bottled drinking water;
• All lodgings;
• Ground transportation;
• Reserve entrance fees;
• Snorkelling at Nosy Ve;
• Extra activities as mentioned in the itinerary; and
• All guiding services (including tips for local guides and services).
The tour fee does not include:
• Visa fees;
• ANY flights, including the internal flights as per the itinerary (see above);
• Any drinks;
• Snorkelling at Ifaty;
• Telephone calls;
• Special gratuities; and
• Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
a) Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we now quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 3 months before the tour.) Approximate flight and single supplement rates have been converted to US$ but are also subject to exchange rate movements.
b) Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration (a minimum of 6 paying participants) a small party supplement will have to be charged.
c) Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
d) Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
• It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20kg (44lb) for check in luggage and 8kg (+-18lb) for hand luggage.
• Fitness: This Madagascar comprehensive tour requires a reasonable level of fitness and participants should be in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Some trails in the rainforest can be quite steep and slippery, especially after rain, and a few longer walks will be made in an attempt to locate some of the more localized species. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
• Accommodation throughout the trip is of a generally good standard, and the hotels and resorts that we make use of are clean and comfortable. Some of the accommodations however are basic and less comfortable from than what you have come to expect from the developed world; we will however make efforts to make this tour as comfortable as possible. There is no camping on this trip.
• Please note that the seas during the boat trip to Nosy Ve Island can be rough, and it is advised that you carry a suitable rain jacket and protection for photographic/electronic gear aboard the boat (a thick waterproof plastic bag is very useful in this regard). Also, tidal variation may require us to walk (in water) across potentially sharp substrate when accessing and/or leaving Nosy Ve. In this regard, it is advised that you carry a pair of shoes that you do not mind getting wet (plastic sandals are very useful). If you have any medical conditions or physical limitations relating to balance and mobility please do let the RBT office know.
• In some areas it can be hot to very hot, especially at midday. We will thus make a number of early starts in the morning to maximize the most pleasurable time in the field. In addition, some of the days are long and fairly demanding. If you are a more relaxed birder preferring a more even-tempered tour then our Highlights tour is a suitable alternative to this tour.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE DETAILS:
This tour does not include ANY airfares. Day 1 has been set aside as an arrival day. If you arrive in the morning then a short afternoon visit will be made to Lac Alarobia in Antananarivo. If you arrive in the evening or afternoon on this day then you will unfortunately not take part in this activity. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude on the morning of day 22 in Antananarivo. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
All internal flights will be taken with Air Madagascar. Please note that internal flight delays and last-minute flight schedule alterations are an inherent risk in any tour to Madagascar and we may have to re-arrange the tour itinerary around the internal flight schedule. However, we will still visit all the scheduled sites and will take all reasonable precautions and actions to ensure the tour follows the advertised itinerary as closely as possible. For international flights the main port of entry is Antananarivo and is serviced with regular flights from Johannesburg operated by Air Madagascar and from Paris operated by Air France. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights for you, and also the flight from Johannesburg to Antananarivo. If you would like further assistance kindly contact the office, and we will happily help you plan your route. However, please DO NOT book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
The price for the Madagascar Comprehensive II tour is US$7,500 per person sharing. (Please note: The price does NOT include the domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Madagascar Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend