Day 1: Leaving the concrete jungle on route through the Highveld with lots of mining activities, Gold mines and Coal mines. Pass large power stations which supply power to Gauteng, Free State, North West, Mpumalanga. We go along the Long Tom Pass where we stop at a replica of the Creusot cannon (called the Long tom cannon by the British Soldiers). The last planned Boer war was in the Long Tom Pass. The Lodge offers walking trails, trout fishing, clay Pigeon shooting.
- Depart: Johannesburg at 8:00 to The Trout Farm & Lodge.
- Activities: Arrive at The Lodge ± 15:00. Book in. Do walks on farm trails, trout fishing.
- Guest house: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 370 KM / 5 HRS.
Day 2: Driving from The Lodge to the Panorama route for a wonderful break away where you can stop, admire the spectacular nature scenery, some of them at an altitude 1260 m above sea level and view the world’s largest canyon, the Blyde River in total 27,000 hectares from here you can see the Three Rondavels and Gods’s Window. We stop at Bourke’s Luck where potholes formed in a remarkable process of erosion that started thousands of years ago caused by the confluence of the Blyde and Treur Rivers. We will also view the Berlin Water Fall, Lisbon Waterfall and Mac Mac Falls, visit Pelgrimsrest.
- Depart: The Lodge at 7:00 to Panorama Route.
- Activities: Do Panorama Route.
- Guest house: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 417 KM / 8 HRS.
Day 3: Departing The Lodge to Kruger National Park, entering the gates of the famous and well renown KNP with its scenery, plants, birdlife and wild life and rich history ensuring a unique place among the world’s nature reserves, 137 species of mammals, 112 species of reptiles, 49 species of fish, 493 species of birds and beginning our search for the many wildlife and birding is rewarded with a variety of rare sightings on the birder’s list. We stay at The oldest Rest Camp, build in 1920.
- Depart: The Lodge at 7:00 to Kruger National Park.
- Activities: Arrive at ±12:00. Book in at our overnight Rest Camp. Do game drive.
- Chalets: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 120 KM / 4.5 HRS.
Day 4: We start very early after coffee to do a full day of game drives on a Open Game Drive vehicle with 2 x guides, we will have breakfast and lunch on our way driving through the Park.
- Depart: The Rest camp at 6:00 to do a full day of game drives on an Open Game drive vehicle.
- Activities: Open Game Drive vehicle game drives.
- Chalets: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 250 KM / 8 HRS.
Day 5: We leave after breakfast to travel to our next rest camp, doing game drives as we travel. The next Rest camp, was opened in 1984. Great care has been taken to preserve the natural vegetation in the camp area, which comprises Malelane Mountain Bushveld (woodland), attracting a variety of grazers. The area hosts White Rhino, Kudu, Impala, Giraffe, some Elephant, Reedbuck, Klipspringer, Grey Rhebok and warthog.
- Depart: the rest camp at 7:00 to our next Rest camp.
- Activities: Do game drives.
- Chalets: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 300 KM / 8 HRS.
Day 6: We leavwe the Kruger Park to enter into Swaziland enroute to Mlilwane National Park. Mlilwane means Little Fire, being derived from the numerous fires started by lightning strikes on the Mlilwane Hill. Many a colourful tale can be told about the Reilly Family, with special relevance to the early pioneer Mickey Reilly, whose family still manages and lives on the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary covers 4,560 hectares and comprises of a southern and northern section. The southern section is predominately open grassland plains with middle veld vegetation, stretching up onto the striking Nyonyane Mountain with its exposed granite peak known as the "Rock of Execution".
- Depart: Kruger Park at 7:00 to Mlilwane National Park in Swaziland.
- Activities: Do game drive.
- Chalets: 1 X night (B, L, D) – 230 KM / 4.5 HRS.
Day 7: Departing Mlilwane Royal National Park back to Johannesburg as the tour ends.
- Depart: Mlilwane Royal National Park at 7:30 to Johannesburg, a guest house in Johannesburg.
- Route: 380 km to Johannesburg.
- Activities:Border Crossing into South Africa. Lunch enroute and arrive ± 16:00 in Johannesburg. Drop off at arranged destination. 1 x (B, L.). Johannesburg – 380 KM/ 5 hours.
All inclusive as per itinerary.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing Ecotourism
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend