This is classic Provence, with its traditional stone farmhouses, Romanesque chapels, and quaint medieval villages perched atop hillsides. Under the limestone ridges of the Alpilles mountain, and in the valleys of aromatic herbs and thyme, this cycling holiday offers the chance to get up close with the details of this beautiful part of France.
The untamed wildness of the Camargue never fails to delight, with extended flatlands of rice paddies and salt pans, sparse farmhouses and windswept fields. White horses trot through the marshes, black bulls graze in their farms, and thousands of flamingoes, egrets, and herons fill the skies in their graceful flight. It's not to be missed!
- Extras included: Dinner on day 5 and and picnic lunch on day 6. See what’s included as standard
- Duration: 6 nights
- Start & Finish: Starts daily from Avignon and finishes in Arles (after taxi transfer from Ste-Marie-de-la-Mer)
- Hotels: Luxury 4 and 5 star hotels and guest houses
- Activity level: Gentle cycling (2)
- Electric bikes: Available
- Mileage: 4 days of cycling with a further day of optional cycling; 16 - 21 miles (26 - 35 km) per day
- Terrain: The Camargue is flat whilst Provence can be hilly - although the tour is gentle in distances, if you are concerned you may wish to consider an electric bike
- Traffic-free: Quiet lanes and tracks
- Options: Additional nights in Arles, Avignon and Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend