Day 1: Nairobi - Lake Nakuru National Park.
You will be met by our representatives followed by a short brief and depart for your Great Rift Valley safari. Stop at the escarpment View Point to have a spectacular view of the Great Rift Valley and marvel at the works of volcanic activities. We then drive down to Lake Nakuru National Park, regarded by avid birders' as the greatest World ornithological spectacle on the Earth. The Park is famous for its millions of pink flamingoes lining on the lake shore. The Park is also Sanctuary to the Black Rhino, White Rhino and the Rothschild Giraffe. Bird life include common species like the lesser and Greater Flamingoes, African fish Eagle, Tawny Eagle, Green Wood Hoopoes, Cliff Chat, Great White and Pink Backed Pelicans plus other intra- African Migrants. Arrive in time for lunch and check in your Lodge OR you will carry picnic lunch boxes on the way at Naivasha. Proceed for an afternoon game drive in this park that has a dense population of other wildlife before returning back to Lodge/ Camp for dinner. Dinner and overnight in Camp/Lodge requested.
- Budget: Camping or Genevieve Hotel (clients can choose). Hotel option is subject to availability.
- Medium: Midland Hotel / Sentrim Elementaita Lodge
- Luxury: Sarova Lion Hill Lodge/ Flamingo Hill Tented Camp / Lake Nakuru Lodge.
Day 2: Lake Nakuru - Lake Bogoria - Lake Naivasha
You will depart Lake Nakuru after breakfast and proceed south to the spectacular Lake Bogoria where the hot springs and the geysers are the main attractions. The hot springs are hot enough to boil an egg. The lake has been called the “new home of the flamingo”with a nomad population of up to 2 million birds that migrate from Lake Nakuru Park, making it one of the major attractions. You will have lunch at the Lake Bogoria Spa Resort and later an afternoon game drive in the reserve as you depart the Reserve. The reserve is home to the leopard, klipspringer and caracal as well as the wonderful greater Kudu. In fact it is one of the best places to see this mighty kudu with its spiralling horns. You drive to your Lodge/ Camp near Lake Naivasha arriving in the early evening. Dinner and Overnight at Lodge/Camp in Lake Naivasha requested
- Budget: Camping or Fishermans Camp (clients can choose). The Firshermans Camp option is subject to availability.
- Medium: Lake Naivasha Country Club / Lake Naivasha Sopa /Lake Naivasha Simba
- Luxury: Enashipai Resort and Spa, The Great Rift Valley Lodge.
Days 3-4: Lake Naivasha - Masai Mara.
Plenty of opportunity to finally spot amazing Big 5, or from June to September witness the miracle of nature - Wildebeest Migration.
A safari in Kenya without visiting the Masai Mara to see the Big 5 will not make a complete Out of Africa safari. On this day you will depart Lake Nakuru after breakfast and travel on the floor of Rift-Valley and head to Masai Mara, the home to the great new 8th Wonder of the World. This enormous Reserve is actually part of the vast Serengeti plains and is famously known for its’ spectacular great wildebeest migration and is a true home of the big five-Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Rhino and Cape Buffalo. You arrive in time for lunch at the Camp/Lodge followed by a short rest. At 16:00, explore the Reserve on a late evening game drive and later drive back to the Lodge for dinner arranged under the African bushes and skies. Dinner and overnight in the heart of Masai Mara in Lodge/ Camp requested.
- Budget: Camping or Mara Wildebeest Camp / Kimana Mara Camp (clients can choose). The accommodated option is subject to availability.
- Medium: Sentrim Mara/ Ol Moran Tented Camp/ Mara Sopa Lodge
- Luxury: Mara Serena /Mara Leisure Camp.
Day 5: Masai Mara – Nairobi.
It is time to say bye to the Mara. Depending on your safari program, start your day with a complete English breakfast at the camp/lodge and depart Masai Mara and head back to Nairobi in time for lunch. Farewell lunch in a Nairobi restaurant for to sample a variety of Kenyan cuisines. Later transfer to airport for your flight home can be arranged at additional cost.
- You can add more nights and increase your chances of being lucky to watch the crossing-it is possible that wildebeests may spend a whole day without making a river crossing
- In Masai Mara possible to book hot air balloon ride which takes place in early morning hours before breakfast * additional costs apply
- You may also consider combining other destinations
- You can combine each safari to Kenya with beach holidays on Zanzibar archipelago or Kenyan coast.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Kenya Tanzania Uganda Leisure Pursuit Collectors Tours Festival Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend