06:00 pick up at Amman Hotel or residence and drive 3 hrs to the red rose city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world, and since 1985 a UNESCO World Heritage Site. More than 2,000 years ago the Nabatean Arabs carved here amazing monuments in the sandstone. The Nabateans gained wealth by dominating the trade routes of ancient Arabia, but came under Roman rule in 106 AD. Visitors enter Petra via the Siq, an impressively narrow path, flanked by 80 meters high cliffs, till the Treasury. Other monuments you will see are the Street of Façades and the Royal Tombs. The guide says farewell to you. Lunch at a local restaurant. Continue driving southwards to Wadi Rum for a 2 hrs jeep ride visiting Nabatean Temple, Rum Village, Lawrence Spring & Khazali Canyon. Afterwards transfer for around 4 hrs to Amman Hotel or residence.
- Transport by private, air conditioned, new vehicle with English speaking, assisting driver.
- Private English speaking spot guide in Petra (about 2.5 hours).
- Entrance fee Petra & Wadi Rum.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- 2 hrs jeep ride in Wadi Rum with Bedouin driver.
- 700 meters horse ride in Petra (not mandatory, horse handler expects a tip).
- Mineral water on board of the vehicle.
- Horse drawn carriage or camel ride Petra.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, you walk several km in Petra and the terrain is uneven.
- 4x4s in Wadi Rum are old vehicle and no A/C.
The price will be quoted depending on the group size.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Middle East Jordan History Whiz Archeology/History Museum Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend