What’s more, Morocco is also home to numerous special birds and several North African endemics, including the beautiful Moussier’s Redstart, Tristram’s Warbler, Barbary Partridge, Levaillant’s Woodpecker, Fulvous Babbler, African Blue Tit and African Crimson-winged Finch. Our main target however is one of the world’s most endangered birds, the Northern Bald Ibis or Waldrapp, now restricted to only two colonies in Morocco and a recently introduced breeding colony in Spain. We also embark on a productive pelagic birding trip off Agadir, while some of the other special birds we will search for are the rare Houbara Bustard, Pharaoh Eagle-Owl, dainty Cream-colored Courser, Crowned and Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Desert Sparrow, African Desert Warbler and numerous larks, including Temminck’s, Maghreb, Thick-billed and Dupont’s.
- Tour Price:L(Per Person) €2,310 * £1,650 * MAD24,500 * USD2,570 * ZAR32,860
- Single Supplement: €190 * £140 * MAD1,950 * USD210 * ZAR2,620
- Spaces Available: Spaces available
- Can be Linked With Spain: Strait of Gibraltar Extension
Day 1: Arrival in Marrakech and transfer to Oukaimeden
Day 2: Oukaimeden to Agadir via Tiz n’Test Pass
Day 3: Seabird trip off Agadir and Tamri
Day 3: Oued Massa and Oued Souss
Day 4: Agadir to Boumalne-du-Dades
Day 5: Tagdilt Track and Dades Gorge
Day 6: Boumalne-du-Dades to Midelt via Todra Gorge
Day 7: Midelt to Erfoud
Day 8: Erg Chebbi and Merzouga
Day 9: Erfoud to Ouarzazate
Day 10: Ouarzazate to Marrakech and departure
- The fee for the Morocco – Atlas to Sahara trip is MAD 24,500 per person sharing.
- The single supplement for this tour is MAD 1,950. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Should you wish to view the current exchange rate for this tour in US Dollars ($), Great British Pound (£), Euro (€), or South Africa Rand (ZAR), please refer to our website.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, the tour price, including costs for single supplements and approximate domestic flights (if applicable), is fixed in Moroccan Dirham (MAD). The actual cost in US$ will be adjusted according to the prevailing exchange rate at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) We can also, on request, invoice in GBP and Euro. This amount however will need to be converted to the equivalent US$ value when making final payment.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration (a minimum of 6 paying participants) a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated M17026 leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- Much of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds. The more luggage you pack the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (18 lb) for hand luggage.
- It is important for you to be aware that it can sometimes get quite hot on this tour. We do not however have any strenuous walks on this tour and it is generally easily manageable. Nights and early mornings can often get very cold in the desert and high Atlas Mountains so please make sure you bring enough layers.
As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your M17026 leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
Arrival and Departure Details:
This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart in the morning from Marrakech on day 1 of the tour; please ensure that you are ready for departure at 06:30 in the morning on day 1 or preferably arrive the previous night. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in the afternoon on day 11 and return flights home should not be before 17:00. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the M17026 office.
Marrakech’s Menara Airport is the main port of entry for this tour and is well serviced by several airlines, including Air France and British Airways. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the M17026 office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
The fee for the Morocco – Atlas to Sahara trip is MAD 24,500 per person sharing. The USD rate quoted is an approximate figure.The tour is price is MAD24,500. Should you wish to view the current exchange rate for this tour in US Dollars ($), Great British Pound (£), Euro (€), or South Africa Rand (ZAR), please refer to our website. For the current exchange rate, please click here.
The single supplement for this tour is MAD 1,950. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Morocco Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing