On this tour we will cover a wide variety of habitats, ranging from interior tropical forests and mangroves, to extensive wetlands and white sand beaches along the northern coral cays. The awesome birdlife is further augmented by ease of travel, comfortable lodges, fascinating culture, a turbulent history, vintage cars that take one back to the 1950’s, and super-friendly people, making this a thoroughly enjoyable adventure for both the hardcore and casual birder alike!
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €2,560 * £1,860 * USD 2,800 * ZAR 38,840
- Single Supplement: €160 * £120 * USD 175 * ZAR 2,430.
Day 1: Havana to Las Terrazas Biosphere Reserve and La Güira
Day 2: Cuevas de las Portales to Zapata Peninsula
Day 3: Zapata Peninsula
Day 4: Zapata Peninsula
Day 5: Zapata Peninsula to Najasa
Day 6: Najasa to Cayo Coco
Day 7: Cayo Guillermo, Cayo Coco, Cayo Paredón Grande
Day 8: Cayo Coco to Havana
Day 9: Havana City & Departure.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (British Pounds), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- It can be hot with harsh sun in some areas of Cuba, especially along the coast, so please come prepared with hats and sun cream for protection. Humidity levels are also high throughout most of Cuba.
- Mosquitoes and tiny bloodsucking flies can be numerous at times and it’s advisable to pack a good supply of DEET or other effective insect repellent.
- There are some long days in the field taking advantage of available habitat, but overall the tour pace is relaxed and the walking is easy.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is quite comfortable and a variety of western and local cuisines are available throughout the tour.
Arrival and Departure Details: You are required to be in Havana the day before the tour begins to avoid late or complicated starts. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in Havana after breakfast on the morning of Day 9.
Note: If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Jose Marti International Airport in Havana is the main port of entry for international flights into Cuba and is serviced by several international carriers. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences and can assist you in booking flights from Cancun, Mexico City and Panama City to Havana if required. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office; we have a full-time in-house travel consultant who will happily help you plan your route. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Cuba Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing