Tour Price: (Per Person) €5,040 * £3,650 * USD 5,500 * ZAR 76,560
Single Supplement: €1,150 * £830 * USD 1,250 * ZAR 17,400
Day 1: Arrival in New Delhi
Day 2: New Delhi to Ranthambhore National Park via train
Days 3 - 4: Ranthambhore National Park
Day 5: Ranthambhore to Keoladeo National Park (Bharatpur)
Day 6: Keoladeo National Park (Bharatpur)
Day 7: Bund Baretha
Day 8: Bharatpur to Chambal River via Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Chambal to New Delhi via Agra (Taj Mahal) and overnight train to Ramnagar
Day 10: Arrival in Ramnagar and transfer to Kosi River
Day 11: Kosi River to Jim Corbett National Park
Day 12: Jim Corbett National Park
Day 13: Jim Corbett National Park to Nainital
Days 14 - 15: Nainital
Day 16: Day trip to Sattal
Day 17: Nainital to Kathgodam and overnight train to New Delhi.
Day 18: Arrival in New Delhi, transfer to Okhla and Yamuna River, and final departure
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- The train rides are always something to consider when travelling in India. Although we use the highest class, air-conditioned sleeper cabins, these journeys can be taxing especially if you are a light sleeper. Each cabin is enclosed by a curtain only and has 4 or 6 bunk beds with clean bedding. Although noisy at first, things settle down and people generally get a reasonable sleep. These trains are by far the best way to reach many of the sites we visit, as the distances they cover would take infinitely longer if done by vehicle on the congested roads. In addition, we choose to journey at night as this allows us to fit in more birdwatching hours by day.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- This Northern India tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health and reasonably fit as most of the birding will be done on foot and may require walking for several hours at a time. Guests will be notified when longer walks may be undertaken. If you have any physical or medical limitations or conditions, please notify us in advance of departure. Please note that for much of this tour we will be far away from modern medical facilities.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is of a good standard and the hotels and resorts that we make use of range from comfortable to rather luxurious. There is no camping on this trip.
- The open jeep tours can be very cold, please bring sufficient warm clothing, including gloves and beanie (woolly hat).
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will begin in New Delhi on day 1, which is scheduled as an arrival day; you are free to arrive at any time on this day. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude with our evening farewell dinner in New Delhi on day 18. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact the our office.
Flights: New Delhi is the main port of entry for international flights into India for those travelling on this Northern India tour and is well serviced by many of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia India Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing