What’s more, Morocco is also home to numerous special birds and several North African endemics, including the beautiful Moussier’s Redstart, Tristram’s Warbler, Barbary Partridge, Levaillant’s Woodpecker, Fulvous Babbler, African Blue Tit and African Crimson-winged Finch. Our main target however is one of the world’s most endangered birds, the Northern Bald Ibis or Waldrapp, now restricted to only two colonies in Morocco and a recently introduced breeding colony in Spain. We also embark on a productive pelagic birding trip off Agadir, while some of the other special birds we will search for are the rare Houbara Bustard, Pharaoh Eagle-Owl, dainty Cream-colored Courser, Crowned and Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Desert Sparrow, African Desert Warbler and numerous larks, including Temminck’s, Maghreb, Thick-billed and Dupont’s.
- Tour Price: (Per Person) €2,300 * £1,680 * MAD 24,500 * USD 2,580 * ZAR 35,690
- Single Supplement: €190 * £140 * MAD 1,950 * USD 210 * ZAR 2,850
Day 1: Arrival in Marrakech and transfer to Oukaimeden
Day 2: Oukaimeden to Agadir via Tiz n’Test Pass
Day 3: Seabird trip off Agadir and Tamri
Day 4: Oued Massa and Oued Souss
Day 5: Agadir to Boumalne-du-Dades
Day 6: Tagdilt Track and Dades Gorge
Day 7: Boumalne-du-Dades to Midelt via Todra Gorge
Day 8: Midelt to Erfoud
Day 9: Erg Chebbi and Merzouga
Day 10: Erfoud to Ouarzazate
Day 11: Ouarzazate to Marrakech and departure
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (Moroccan Dirham (MAD)), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
- Much of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds. The more luggage you pack the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (18 lb) for hand luggage.
- It is important for you to be aware that it can sometimes get quite hot on this tour. We do not however have any strenuous walks on this tour and it is generally easily manageable. Nights and early mornings can often get very cold in the desert and high Atlas Mountains so please make sure you bring enough layers.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart in the morning from Marrakech on day 1 of the tour; please ensure that you are ready for departure at 06:30 in the morning on day 1 or preferably arrive the previous night. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude in the afternoon on day 11 and return flights home should not be before 17:00. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Marrakech’s Menara Airport is the main port of entry for this tour and is well serviced by several airlines, including Air France and British Airways. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Morocco Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing