- Tour Price: (Per Person) €4,020 * £2,930 * USD 4,400 * ZAR 62,050
- Single Supplement: €690 * £500 * USD 750 * ZAR 10,580
Day 1: Arrival in New Delhi
Day 2: New Delhi to Jaisalmer via Jodhpur
Days 3-4: Desert National Park
Day 5: Jaisalmer to Little Rann of Kutch
Day 6: Little Rann of Kutch
Day 7: Little Rann of Kutch to Bhuj via Ahmadabad
Days 8-9: Bhuj and Great Rann of Kutch surroundings
Day 10: Bhuj to Jamnagar
Day 11: Jamnagar to Gir Forest NP
Days 12-13: Gir Forest National Park
Day 14: Gir Forest NP to Bhavnagar
Day 15: Bhavnagar to New Delhi via Velavadar NP and Ahmedabad
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- In certain areas that contain potentially dangerous animals you are confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit.
- Fitness: This Western India tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health as some of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions, please notify us in advance of departure. Please be aware that for much of this tour you will be in remote areas well away from modern medical facilities.
- Since many of the birding sites are very far apart, a lot of time is spent driving on this tour. Due to the much lower population density here than in the rest of India, we are, however, able to cover greater distances in less time.
- For those that do this tour in conjunction with the Northern India – Birds & Tigers tour, it is worth keeping in mind that there will be a reasonable amount of overlap between the two tours. This area is also quite arid and therefore supports a lower number of species than more varied and moister habitats. The number of birds around waterbodies is, however, quite incredible and there are various specialties that are easiest to find here or are endemic to the area.
- The final week of the tour has a certain mammal focus although we do add numerous woodland and grassland bird species to our trip list.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will begin on day 1; this day has been set aside as an arrival day and you are free to arrive anytime on this day. The tour will conclude in New Delhi in the early evening on day 15.
Flights: New Delhi is the main port of entry for international flights in India and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights on your behalf.
Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Excludes international flights.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia India Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend