Day 1: Windhoek
Day 2: Windhoek to Khomas Hochland
Day 3: Khomas Hochland to Walvis Bay
Day 4: Walvis Bay area
Day 5: Walvis Bay to Erongo Mountains, via Spitzkoppe
Day 6: Erongo Mountains to Okaukuejo, Etosha National Park
Day 7: Okaukuejo area, Etosha National Park
Day 8: Okaukuejo to Halali, Etosha National Park
Day 9: Halali to Eastern Etosha
Day 10: Eastern Etosha
Day 11: Eastern Etosha to Rundu
Day 12: Rundu to Shakawe, Okavango Panhandle
Day 13: Shakawe area
Day 14: Shakawe to Mahango Game Reserve
Day 15: Mahango to Katima Mulilo via Bwabwata National Park
Day 16: Katima Mulilo area
Day 17: Katima Mulilo to Livingstone
Day 18: Livingstone.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (ZAR – South African Rand), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. Day 1 is essentially an arrival day in Windhoek, Namibia. However, should you arrive before 11 am on day 1, we have some local birding we will do in the afternoon around Windhoek. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by 11 am at Livingstone International Airport, Zambia on day 18. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Windhoek (Hosea Kutako International Airport) is the main port of entry for international flights into Namibia. The more reliable airlines with the most direct routing for these flights are Air Namibia and South African Airways. For departure from Livingstone (Zambia), the best routing is through Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport). We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office, we have a full-time in-house travel consultant that will happily help you plan your route. However, please DO NOT book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- Much of our time is spent in a specially converted overland Toyota Dyna Truck, as we have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. However, the vehicle is fairly spacious with large windows and pop-up rooftops that allows for great bird and mammal viewing. Despite this, we recommend that you do not over-pack for the comfort of your fellow travellers and yourself. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Please be aware that the vehicle does not have air-conditioning. However, the windows are large and will remain open for most of the time, while the front windscreen also folds down completely, providing a pleasant through-flow of air.
- During the tour, we visit several national parks and game reserves which contain potentially dangerous animals and therefore you are confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit.
- Temperatures in Namibia at this time of year can be warm during the day but are far milder than during the height of summer. At night and in the early mornings it can, however, be very cold.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations. Flights are not included.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Namibia Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend