- Tour Price: (Per Person) €5,290 * £3,890 * USD 5,800 * ZAR 82,430
- Single Supplement: €870 * £640 * USD 950 * ZAR 13,510. Can be taken in conjunction with the Egypt - Petra Extension
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
Day 2: Day trip to the pyramids of Giza and Sakkara
Day 3: Abbassa Fish Ponds and Cairo Museum
Day 4: Cairo to Ain Sokhana via Wadi Hugul
Day 5: Ain Sokhana & St Paul's Monastery
Day 6: Ain Sokhana to Sharm El Sheikh via Ras Sudr
Days 7-8: Sharm El Sheihk and Ras Mohamed National Park
Day 9: Sharm El Shiekh to El Gouna via Hurghada
Day 10: Boat trip to Hurghada Islands
Day 11: Hurghada to Luxor
Day 12: Nile Cruise - West Bank (Valley of Kings and Queens)
Day 13: Nile Cruise - East Bank to Edfu (Karnack and Luxor Temples)
Day 14: Nile Cruise - Edfu (Edfu Temple) to Aswan via Kom Ombo
Day 15: Nile Cruise - Aswan area (High Dam, Philae Temple and Unfinished Obelisk)
Day 16: Aswan to Abu Simbel
Day 17: Lake Nasser and surrounds
Day 18: Abu Simbel to Cairo for departures or continue onto our Petra Extension
Financial Arrangements: Tour dates, prices, single supplement rates, approximate flight costs and spaces available for this tour are displayed on our website. (For the Egypt main tour, click here. For the Petra Extension, click here.)
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient participants, a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, porters, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include your leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- It is important for you to be aware that it can get very hot in the far south of the country, where temperatures could reach around 43 degrees Celsius (110 degrees Fahrenheit). Since we do not have any strenuous walks on this tour, it is however manageable.
- Most of the historic sites that we will visit on this tour are extremely popular tourist attractions and we will share the area with multitudes of other people, patience will be required at times.
- All historical sites will have tourist police clearly visible, we will also be escorted by armed guards during some parts of the tour.
- While this is a tour with a duel focus on birds as well as antiquities, we may not be able to provide alternative activities as options for non-birders on some days, when the focus is more on birding. On other days the focus is very much on antiquities, with very little birding possible. While we will have specialist bird tour leaders on the tour, we will rely on local leaders for the historical aspects of the tour.
Arrival and Departure Details: The tour will depart from Cairo International Airport (IATA: CAI), as day 1 is an arrival day, you can arrive at any time on this day. The tour will conclude in the mid afternoon at Cairo International Airport on day 18. For those doing the Petra extension, the tour will conclude in the early evening on day 3 of the extension at Amman International Airport (IATA: AMM). Please note that the flight to and from Amman is not included in the tour price for the extension. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the our office.
Flights: Cairo International Airport (IATA: CAI) is the main port of entry for international flights into Egypt and is well serviced by most of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights on your behalf; and, for those doing the Petra extension, we are also able to book the flight to and from Amman for you. You are also able to depart directly from Amman International Airport (IATA: AMM), Jordan on your international flight home as this airport is serviced well by international flights. Please advise us whether you would like assistance in booking the Petra flights.
Note: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Tour dates, prices, single supplement rates, approximate flight costs and spaces available for this tour are displayed on our website. Excludes any flights.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Egypt Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing