- Tour Price: (Per Person) €4,890 * £3,630 * INR 355,000 * USD 5,510
- Single Supplement: €970 * £720 * INR 70,000 * USD 1,090
- Flights (Approx. cost): INR 4,200
- Spaces Available: Spaces available
Day 1: Arrival in Guwahati and transfer to Manas National Park
Day 2: Manas National Park
Day 3: Manas NP to Guwahati, flight to Dibrugarh and transfer to Tinsukia
Day 4: Dibru Saikhowa National Park
Day 5: Tinsukia to Kaziranga National Park
Days 6-7: Kaziranga National Park
Day 8: Kaziranga to Nameri National Park
Day 9: Nameri National Park
Day 10: Nameri to Dirang (Sangti Valley)
Days 11-13: Mandala Phudung and Sela Pass areas
Day 14: Dirang to Eagle’s Nest
Days 15-18: Eagle’s Nest Wildlife Sanctuary
Day 19: Eagle’s Nest to Tezepur
Day 20: Tezepur to Guwahati and Departure.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If RBT cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (Indian Rupee - INR), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, porters, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include your leader. If, therefore, you feel that he has given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip him.
- Be aware that the Sela Pass above the Sangti Valley is at an altitude of around 4,170 m (13,800 ft). This can cause altitude problems for some people and means that the temperature will most likely be quite low on this day. We can also expect rain and possibly even snow on Sela Pass. If you have problems with altitude and very cold conditions, please do let the office know. Hot conditions with high radiation for sunburn are also likely to be encountered in the Kaziranga and Dibru Saikhowa areas of the trip.
- At Eagle’s Nest (3 nights) we will stay a long way from any solid accommodations or civilisation and will be using camping facilities set up by our agents. There will be fairly spacious walk-in, comfortable-for-two tents with a proper mattress to sleep on. Blankets or similar, sheets and pillows will also be provided. However, you may bring your own sleeping bag if you prefer. If participants would prefer a tent to themselves please advise the office. Single tent space is limited and will be assigned in order of tour registration.
- While the food is generally good and tasty, it can become quite monotonous as not many different dishes are prepared. The food can also be quite spicy at times. Please be sure to let us know of your dietary requirements in advance of the tour.
- It is important for the comfort of you and your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- In certain areas that contain potentially dangerous animals you will be confined to the vehicle and are, quite understandably, not allowed to exit.
- Fitness: This tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure.
Arrival and departure details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Guwahati International Airport (IATA: GAU) on day 1. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude at Guwahati International Airport (IATA: GAU) on Day 20. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Flights: Delhi International Airport (IATA: DEL) is the main port of entry for international flights in India and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. There are also regular domestic flights between Delhi and Guwahati International Airport (IATA: GAU). We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted the office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia India Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing