Please note: while the official starting date of the tour is the 8th, it is recommended that guests arrive on the 7th so as to enjoy some of Madrid’s many cultural attractions before embarking on the Birding Spain tour the following day. If you do choose this option, then please bare in mind that this will be at your own expense
- Tour Price (Per Person): €4,160 * £3,080 * USD 4,575 * ZAR 63,910
- Single Supplement: €370 * £270 * USD 400 * ZAR 5,590.
Day 1: Madrid to Monfrague National Park
Days 2-3: Monfragüe Region
Day 4: Monfragüe to Valencia
Day 5: Valencia to Ebro Delta
Day 6: Ebro Delta
Day 7: Ebro Delta to the Spanish Steppes
Day 8: Spanish Steppes
Day 9: Spanish Steppes to Siresa, Pyrenees
Days 10-11: The High Pyrenees
Day 12: Siresa to Lecina, Sierra De Guara
Days 13-14: Lecina and vicinity
Day 15: Lecina to Barcelona
Day 16: Barcelona and Departure.
Top Birds: Spanish Imperial and Bonelli’s Eagle, White-headed Duck, Marbled Teal, Great and Little Bustard, Pin-tailed and Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Alpine Accentor, Ring Ouzel, White-throated Dipper, Wallcreeper, Azure-winged Magpie, Bearded Reedling, Moustached and Spectacled Warbler, Red-billed and Yellow-billed Chough, Dupont’s Lark, Citril Finch
- Top Mammals: Red Fox, Iberian Hare, Pyrenean Chamois, European Badger, Alpine Marmot
- Habitats Covered: coastal wetlands, cork-oak dehesas, deciduous woodlands, Olive groves, mountain crags, grasslands
- Expected Climate: temperate, mainly mild
- Max Group Size: 12 with 1 tour leader and Alberto Bueno
- Tour Pace and Walking: moderate
- Accommodation: comfortable guest houses and hotels
- Ease of Birding: moderate
- Other Attractions: ancient historical buildings and sites, great scenery, excellent food and wine
- Photographic Opportunities: good.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If we cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include our tour leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Fitness: This Birding Spain tour does not require a high level of fitness but participants should be in good general health. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure. Accommodation throughout the trip is of a generally high standard and the hotels and resorts that we make use of are very comfortable. There is no camping on this trip.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will depart from Madrid on day 1 by no later than 12 pm, so kindly arrive in advance of this time on this day or preferably arrive the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by midmorning at Barcelona International Airport (IATA: BCN) on day 16. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Madrid International Airport (IATA: MAD) and Barcelona International Airport (IATA: BCN) are the main ports of entry for international flights into Spain and is well serviced by most of the world’s major airlines. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. However, please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Spain Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing