- Tour Price (Per Person): €1,870 * £1,380 * USD 2,110 * ZAR 27,750
- Single Supplement: €210 * £160 * USD 240 * ZAR 3,050.
Day 1: Johannesburg to Kruger National Park
Days 2-4: Kruger National Park
Day 5: Kruger NP to Wakkerstroom
Day 6: Wakkerstroom
Day 7: Wakkerstroom to Mkhuze Game Reserve
Day 8: Mkhuze GR
Day 9: Mkhuze GR to Eshowe
Day 10: Eshowe to Howick via Dlinza Forest
Day 11: Karkloof and Bulwer areas
Day 12: Howick to Durban and depart.
- Top Birds: Blue & Wattled Crane, Blue Korhaan, Southern Bald Ibis, Bush Blackcap, Rudd’s & Botha’s Lark, Knysna Turaco, Cape Parrot, Narina Trogon, Four-colored & Olive Bushshrike, Spotted Ground Thrush, Cape Rock Thrush, Rudd’s Apalis, Brown Scrub Robin, Buff-streaked Chat, Pink-throated Twinspot, Neergaard’s Sunbird
- Top Mammals: The ‘Big 5’, Cheetah, African Wild Dog, Meerkat, Black Wildebeest, Nyala
- Habitats Covered: mist-belt forest, Acacia savanna, high elevation and coastal grasslands, wetlands
- Expected Climate: subtropical with occasional rain, warm in Kruger National Park and Zululand, cooler in the highlands, can be cold in winter
- Max Group Size: 6 and 1 tour leader
- Tour Pace & Walking: moderate pace with some long drives
- Accommodation: comfortable
- Ease of Birding: easy
- Number of Species Expected: 370 – 400
- Other Attractions: Kruger National Park, great food & wine, Zulu culture
- Photographic Opportunities: excellent.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If we cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (South African Rand), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: Tipping (drivers, lodge and restaurant staff, local guides and our guide) is not included on this tour. Therefore, if you feel that your tour leader and/or any local staff or guides have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- We will visit a variety of restaurants, when these are available, for breakfasts that are not included, as well as for lunches and dinners; however, on a few occasions you may be required to self-cater for meals. On these days we will go to supermarkets en route to our lodgings where you will be able to purchase food provisions.
- Much of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds and animals. The more luggage you pack the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of yourself and your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Exiting the vehicle is prohibited in all areas and parks that contain dangerous animals.
- Crime is problematic in certain areas of South Africa. Exercise caution as you would for any big city where crime exists. Do not unnecessarily flaunt cash and valuables and do not leave valuables exposed in the vehicle.
Arrival and Departure details: This tour does not include any international airfares. The tour will depart from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg) on day 1 no later than 9 am; kindly arrive in advance of this time on this day or arrive the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by 12 noon at King Shaka International Airport (Durban) on day 12.
Flights: O.R. Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg (IATA: JNB) is the main port of entry for international flights in South Africa and is well serviced by all of the world’s major airlines. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the domestic flight from Durban to Cape Town. If you would like further assistance kindly contact our office, and we will happily help you plan your route. However, please DO NOT book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing Birdwatching
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend