- Tour Price (Per Person): €3,100 * £2,300 * USD 3,450 * ZAR 46,760
- Single Supplement: €450 * £340 * USD 500 * ZAR 6,780
- Flights (Approx cost): US$275.
Day 1: Arrival in Manila & transfer to Palawan (Sabang)
Day 2: Palawan (St Paul’s National Park)
Day 3: Palawan (St. Paul’s and Pandan Island)
Day 4: Palawan to Mt. Makiling via Manila
Day 5: Mt. Makiling
Day 6: Mt. Makiling to Mt. Polis via Candaba Marsh
Day 7: Mt. Polis
Day 8: Mt. Polis to Subic Bay
Day 9: Subic Bay
Day 10: Subic Bay to Manila.
- Top Birds: Philippine Serpent Eagle, Palawan Frogmouth, Philippine Hawk-Owl, Luzon Scops Owl, Philippine Hawk-Cuckoo, Scale-feathered and Red-crested Malkoha, Spotted Wood Kingfisher, Hooded and Red-bellied Pitta, Philippine Megapode, Palawan Peacock-Pheasant, Blue-headed, Green & Montane Racket-tail, Palawan Hornbill, Ashy Thrush, Sooty and Philippine Pygmy Woodpecker, Coleto, Balicassiao, Elegant and Palawan Tit, Sulphur-billed Nuthatch, Palawan, Red-keeled and Striped Flowerpecker, Guaiabero
Habitats Covered: lowland and montane rainforest, woodlands, rivers and wetlands, mudflats
- Expected Climate: hot and humid, rain expected
- Max Group Size: 10 with 1 tour leader & local birding leader
- Tour Pace and Walking: moderate to brisk pace, some long walks on forest trails
- Accommodation: basic but comfortable hotels
- Ease of Birding: challenging
- Other Attractions: St Paul’s underground river, fast disappearing forests
- Photographic Opportunities: good.
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If we cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does not include our tour leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- In most areas, it will be hot and humid. We will thus make good use of the early mornings and will have a lot of very early starts to avoid, as far as possible, birding in the middle of the day and in order to reach good birding areas. Furthermore, in the rainforest areas the humidity will be high and potentially uncomfortable.
- This Philippines tour is designed to be an intensive birding experience and we will attempt to get good views of as many bird species as possible. Some days involve long drives.
- This tour does require a good level of fitness and participants should be in good general health and fit as much of the forest birding will be done on foot in remote areas and may require walking for several hours at a time. Furthermore, it is important to note that we will spend most of this tour in remote locations well away from medical facilities. Should you have any physical limitations or medical conditions please notify us in advance of departure.
- Accommodations are generally good throughout the tour and we will stay either in hotels or guesthouses. Please be aware that at times we may experience maintenance problems in these facilities that are beyond our control. In the smaller towns, while we always opt for the best available accommodation, this is often basic and well below the standard of what you have come to expect from the developed world.
- Much of our time is spent in vehicles, as we do have to cover long distances in order to get to the best areas for birds. The more luggage you pack the less room there is in the vehicle, so it is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The main tour will depart from Manila International Airport (IATA: MNL) on day 1 by 7:00 am; kindly arrive in advance of this time on this day or, better yet, arrive the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by midday on day 10 at Manila International Airport (IATA: MNL). If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Manila International Airport (IATA: MNL) is the main port of entry for international flights in the Philippines and is most reliably serviced by Cathay Pacific. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences, but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the internal flights on your behalf.
Important: please do not book any flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Philippines Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing