- Tour Price (Per Person): €2,370 * £1,760 * MYR 11,100 * USD 2,700
- Single Supplement: €390 * £290 * MYR 1,800 * USD 440
- Flights (Approx. cost): MYR 500.
Day 1: Arrival in Kota Kinabalu, transfer to Mt. Kinabalu
Days 2-3: Mt. Kinabalu
Day 4: Mt. Kinabalu to Sepilok
Day 5: Sepilok Nature Conservancy
Day 6: Sepilok Nature Sanctuary to Sukau (Kinabatangan River)
Day 7: Sukau
Day 8: Sukau to Tabin Wildlife Reserve
Day 9: Tabin Wildlife Reserve
Day 10: Tabin Wildlife Reserve to Kota Kinabalu.
- Top Birds: Great-billed Heron, Jambu Fruit Dove, Blue-banded, Blue-headed, Giant & Black-crowned Pitta, Great Argus, Black Magpie, Storm’s Stork, Whitehead’s, Diard’s, Red-headed & Scarlet-rumped Trogon, Bornean Bristlehead, Dusky Broadbill, Black-throated Wren-Babbler, Rhinoceros, Helmeted and White-crowned Hornbill
- Top Mammals: Orangutan, Leopard Cat, Bornean Gibbon, Bearded Pig, Greater & Lesser Mouse Deer, chance of Clouded Leopard
- Habitats Covered: mountains, lowland rainforest
- Expected Climate: hot and humid in the lowlands, cool in the highlands
- Max Group Size: 8 with 1 local birding leader
- Tour Pace and Walking: moderate
- Accommodation: comfortable
- Ease of Birding: generally unchallenging with some tricky species
- Other Attractions: Rafflesia (world’s largest flower)
- Photographic Opportunities: good
Single Supplement: The single supplement cost for this tour will be charged if you wish to have single accommodation. If we cannot provide you with a rooming partner for these nights although you choose to share, the single supplement will become applicable. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that a rooming partner is found if you do wish to share.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we quote our tours in 4 currencies. The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Rates are based upon group tariffs; if the tour does not have sufficient registration a small party supplement will have to be charged.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and / or the designated tour leader/s at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Tipping: As noted above, gratuities (drivers, hotel staff, restaurants etc.) are included on this tour. However, this does NOT include our leader/s. If, therefore, you feel that he/they have given you excellent service, it is entirely appropriate to tip them.
- It is important for the comfort of your fellow travellers that you do not over-pack. Kindly stick to 20 kg (44 lb) for check in luggage and 8 kg (+-18 lb) for hand luggage.
- Fitness: This Borneo tour does not require a high level of fitness but participants should be in good general health as most of the birding will be done on foot, and may require walking for several hours at a time. Some of these trails can be quite steep and slippery, especially after rain and the lowland sites are always humid. Should you have any physical limitations, please notify us in advance of departure. Please note that for much of the tour you will be far away from modern medical facilities.
- Accommodation throughout the trip is of a generally good standard and the hotels and resorts that we make use of are quite comfortable. There is no camping on this trip.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will begin in Kota Kinabalu on day 1 at 06:00 a.m. It is often easier to arrive in advance of this time, on this day or arrive the day before. Further meeting details in this regard will be forwarded to you in due course. The tour will conclude by mid-afternoon in Kota Kinabalu on day 10. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact our office.
Flights: Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) is the main port of entry for international flights into Borneo and is best reached by direct flights from Kuala Lumpur as there are a number of flights daily on Air Malaysia. Other airlines that service this airport are Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong and Singapore airlines via Singapore. As our guests come from all over the planet we do not include international flights in our tour prices. We have the capacity to advise you on the best route according to your preferences but your local travel agent will best be able to book these flights for you. We can, however, book the domestic flights on your behalf.
Important: please do not book your international flights until you have consulted our office for confirmation on the status of the tour.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Indonesia Malaysia Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing