Please note that a leader may not accompany the expedition unless a minimum of 10 participants are signed up through us. In the case that a leader is not on board, the professional expedition staff will take care of all participants signed up through us.
Please note: these prices exclude a landing fee of US$500 per person, as well as the cost of the private return charter flight between Nome and Anadyr of US$2,000 per person for those who choose this option. Furthermore, these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Tour Price (Per Person): from €10,090 to €12,430 * from £7,390 to £9,100 * from USD 11,200 to USD 13,800 * from ZAR 151,710 to ZAR 186,920
- Spaces Available: Dependent on Ship Capacity
Day 1: Anadyr
Day 2: Anadyrskiy Bay
Day 3: Yttygran, Nuneangan and Arakamchechen Islands
Day 4: Cape Dezhnev and Uelen Village
Day 5: Kolyuchin Island
Days 6-10: Wrangel and Herald Islands
Day 11: North Siberian Coast
Day 12: Kolyuchin Inlet
Day 13: Bering Strait and Chukotka Coast
Day 14: At Sea
Day 15: Anadyr
- Top Birds: Emperor Goose, Spoon-billed Sandpiper, Snowy Owl, Ross’s & Ivory Gull
- Top Mammals: Polar Bear, Western Grey Whale, Beluga, Walrus
- Max Group Size: depending on ship capacity with well experienced expedition leaders
- Tour Pace & Walking: easy with some undemanding walks
- Accommodation: comfortable ship cabins
- Ease of Birding: generally undemanding
- Other Attractions: spectacular scenery, traditional Chukchi and Inuit villages and art, whale bone carvings, beautiful wildflowers, abandoned research stations
- Photographic Opportunities: excellent.
The fee for the Across the Top of the World cruise is as follows:
- Main Deck US$ 11,200 per person sharing;
- Superior US$ 11,700 per person sharing;
- Superior Plus US$ 12,500 per person sharing;
- Mini Suite US$ 13,000 per person sharing;
- Heritage Suite US$ 13,800 per person sharing.
- Due to constantly fluctuating exchange rates, we now quote our tours in 4 currencies (see website for all 4 currencies). The tour price is however fixed only in the currency printed in bold (US$), and the actual cost in the other currencies listed will be adjusted according to prevailing exchange rates at the time of final invoicing (usually 4 months before the tour.) The same applies to approximate domestic flight and single supplement rates, which are also quoted in the respective fixed currency.
- Please also note that we have taken an allotment on this cruise rather than chartering the cruise in entirety, and a leader may not accompany the expedition unless a minimum of 15 participants are signed up through us. In the case that a leader is not on board, the professional expedition staff will take care of all participants signed up through us.
- Furthermore, these costs are subject to unforeseen increases in tour related costs and may have to be adjusted as a result.
- Lastly, we may be forced to change or alter the itinerary and/or the designated leader at short or no notice due to unforeseen circumstances; please be aware that we will attempt to adhere as close to the original program as possible.
Ship specifications: Our vessel, the ‘Spirit of Enderby’ (Professor Khromov) is perfect for this kind of travel. The real focus and emphasis of every expedition is getting you ashore as often as possible for as long as possible with maximum safety and comfort. The ship carries just 50 passengers in very comfortable accommodation. She measures 72 metres in length and is fully ice-strengthened.
Please note: This tour does not require a high level of fitness, but participants should be in good general health and reasonably fit. Guests will be notified when longer walks may be undertaken. If you have any physical or medical limitations or conditions, please notify us in advance of departure.
Arrival and Departure Details: This tour does not include any airfares. The tour will begin in Anadyr on day 1 and will conclude in Anadyr on the morning of day 15 of the trip. Please do not book a flight before 1 pm on day 15 to allow for disembarkation procedures. If you wish to arrive early and/or depart late and would like assistance or advice in this regard, kindly contact the office.
Please note: these prices are subject to foreign exchange fluctuations.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Russia Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching Wildlife Viewing