- Level rating on the mountain hiking: Easy to Moderate.
Nr. of team members: 2 + tour guide.
Trip duration (days): 9 (8 nights).
- Required gear: Backpack, good mountain boots, waterproof and warm changing cloths.
- Accommodation: ***** hotels and *** hotels/inns
Day 1: Arrival to Bucharest / City walk / Accommodation: ***** hotel
Day 2: Transfer by car from Bucharest to Sinaia. (120 km = 80 miles = 2 hours). Walking in Sinaia./ Visiting the Peles Castle (former Royal summer residence). Overnight in Sinaia; 900 m., *** hotel.
Day 3: Hiking on Baiului Mts. 9.00: Leaving Sinaia, starting our hiking day. Heading through Piscul Cainelui Hut (the Dog’s Peak hut).
12.00: Reaching the Baiului Mts Ridge on Piscul Cainelui Peak (The Dog’s Peak) (1658 m. = 5440 feet), after passing by a sheepfold and having a first contact with the pastoral life. Baiu Mare Peak (1908 m. = 6260 feet). Beautiful sightseeing of The Bucegi Mts. Descend towards Busteni (900 m. = 2953 feet) and transfer by car from here to Sinaia. (6 km)
Overnight in Sinaia Resort at a *** hotel
- Moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5 hours
- Height difference: + 1.000 m -950 m (+ 3281 feet; -3117 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys, Landscape over Grohotis Mountains
Day 4: Hiking on Baiului Mts. Sighisoara highlights
9.00: wake up
9.30: breakfast in Sinaia
10 – 10.30: Transfer by car from Sinaia to Predeal (1100 m) (12 km = 7 miles)
10.45: Start hiking on Baiului Mts. Going up to Susai hut (1400 m = 4593 feet), then continuing our hike to Clabucetul Azugii (the Azuga’s hill) (1586 m = 5203 feet). Then, descent towards Azuga (altitude 900 m. = 2953 feet) where the car waits for us.
- It’s a rather easy hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 3.5 – 4.5 hours
- Height difference: + 480 m -680 m (+ 1575 feet; - 2231 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys, Landscape over Postavaru, Piatra Mare Mountains.
Transfer by car from Sinaia to Sighisoara, the birth town of Prince Vlad Dracula. (150 km = 100 miles = 2 hours).
18.30: Arrival in Danes (by Sighisoara)
18.30 - 20.00: Leisure time
21.30: Have dinner in Danes. Accommodation in Danes (by Sighisoara), *** inn.
Day 5: Walking in Sighisoara. Leisure at the inn.
8.00: wake up;
8.30: having breakfast at the tourist pension
9.00 - 10.00 transfer by car to Sighisoara (3.75 miles).
Visit the medieval town.
14.00: Lunch in Sighisoara
15.00: Getting back to the inn / leisure time
20.00: dinner. Accommodation at a *** inn in Danes.
Day 6: Transfer by car from Sighisoara to Predeal (~~ 210 km)
Hiking on Bucegi Mts. Predeal -> Diham Area -> Busteni.
- Easy - Moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5 hours
- Height difference: + 600 m, - 650 m (+1968 feet, - 2132 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys and ridges, landscape over Grohotis Mountains
Accommodation in Predeal *** hotel (1000 m altitude, 3281 feet)
Day 7: Visit Moeciu area, Bran Castle.
9.00 Wake up
9.30 breakfast at the hotel
10.15 transfer by car to Bran. (19 km), passing thru the nice hilly region of Moeciu
11.45 - 13.15 visit Bran Castle (where the legend of Dracula was born) and the Bran Open air Museum
13.45 – 14.30 having lunch at "Trei Brazi" chalet.
14.30 – 15.00 Transfer by car to the “Poiana Secuilor chalet”.
15.00 – 19.00 Hiking on Postavaru Mts. Poiana Secuilor -> Spinarea Calului (The Ridge of the Horse) -> Timisul de Sus
- It’s an easy hike
- Hiking time: 3 – 4 hours
- Height difference: + 350 m, - 450 m (+1968 feet, - 2132 feet)
19.30 - 20.00 transfer by car from Timisul de Sus to Predeal. (10 km = 6 miles)
20.00: Having dinner here in Predeal.
20.30 – 22.00: Walk in Predeal Resort
22.00: Accommodation in Predeal: *** hotel (1000 m altitude = 3281 feet)
Day 8: Hiking in Piatra Mare Massif. Early in the morning - breakfast. Start hiking from Cioplea Chalet. Hike up to Piatra Mare Peak (1800 m.) Then descending to Dambu Morii, passing thru the seven stairs canyon.
- Rate Level: It's a rather moderate hike.
- Hiking time - ~ 5-6 hours
- Height difference: + 800 m, - 850 m (= 2625 feet, 2789 feet)
- Sightseeing objectives: The Bucegi steep valleys and ridges, landscape over Postavaru, Ciucas, Grohotis Mountains.
Transfer by car from Dambul Morii to Bucharest (180 km = 120 miles = 2,5 hours of driving). Accommodation: ***** Hotel in Bucharest.
Day 9: Departure day. Departure after breakfast according to your flight schedule. Note: Please be aware that the present schedule is subject to alteration according to the daily timing, the physical shape of the attendees, as well as unforeseen delays.
Note: A *** inn/hotel has all amenities a ** hotel has in USA:
- Rooms of 14-18 m²
- One double bed: 160 x 190 cm or two beds: 110 x 190 cm each
- Shower/Bath room with running cold/hot water
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Europe's best kept secret!
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Romania Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Wildlife Viewing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend