Day 1: Drive to Erta ale (200 Km aspahlt & 45km sand road, total 245km from Mekelle)
After having an early breakfast (possible at 06:30) you will drive to Erta ale. Up on arrival at Dodom take rest, relax & fill your energy for trek to Erta ale (17Km from Dodom) that takes approximately 3 hrs trekking.
Early dinner around 17:00 then as the sun sets, you leave behind the cars, use Camel to transport all the camping materials and some food (sleeping materials like light mattresses, mat and water) to the rim of the volcano, where you spend the night watching the dramatic action of the boiling lava. Erta ale ranks one of the most alluring and physically challenging natural attractions anywhere in Ethiopia. It is a shield volcano with a base diameter of 30 km and 1km square caldera at its summit. Erta Ale contains the world’s only permanent lava lake.
Overnight at the rim of the Volcano.
Day 2: Drive to back to Mekele via Abala (245 KMS)
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Vehicle: latest model Toyota with Experienced English speaking driver throughout the Tour.
- All Entrance fees and licenses as per the program.
- Accommodation and all meals throughout the tour.
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages with meals as per the program and plenty bottles of water for the trip.
- Surface Transport expense with four wheel drive Land cruiser including fuel expense and drivers allowance
- Local guide service for the afar region as per the program.
- Cooking, camping equipment.
- Scout and police service in Afar Region as per the program.
- Camel and Camel tires in Afar Region as per the program.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2014
Client Request Served: 0
Your gateway to visit Ethiopia offers Omo Valley tour, Lalibela, Addis Ababa city tour, religious tour, Coffee tour, trekking to Simien and Bale Mountains, Photo Safari, adventure to Dankile Depression, hotel reservation, airline bookings, Car rental services, event management, Conference tourism, Incentive travel and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Nature & Wildlife
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend