After a delicious breakfast, you'll enjoy three hours of salsa classes every morning. Then get ready for a mouthwatering Mexican lunch prepared by the wonderful Casa chef Ruby and her assistants. Take the afternoons to enjoy exciting excursions provided by your hosts, or go on your own to explore the incredible natural beauty, beaches, local culture, cafés and shops, or just take a siesta in your private ocean-side room.
After dinner, enjoy an evening of dancing: one of three review and practice sessions, a dance party with the locals on the premises, and a night out at the salsa club with a live band. And you'll also be spending an unforgettable New Year's Eve in Mexico! During the afternoons, your time is your own. Your hosts will offer you four wonderful activities during the week, which are included in the cost of your trip. Or you can relax on the beautiful beach, stroll through the botanical gardens, photograph the charming village, take a siesta, visit the zoo, go hiking, walking, sea kayaking, zip lining, shopping in the Mercado, or exploring the galleries and cafés.
Make sure you bring your camera and sketchbook or journal, as there are numerous cultural excursions as well. Visit the exotic Botanical Gardens for photography and sketching and take in it's extraordinary beauty, we will visit the Mt. town of El Tuito to strolling zocalo (town square), visit a traditional bakery, having lunch and tequila tasting at a hacienda restaurant, overlooking the mountains and the aguave plantation with opportunities for horseback riding. We will also be taking a trip into Puerto Vallarta for shopping the Mercado, visiting crafts shops, walking the malecon (boardwalk) and experience the lively arts scene.
There will be a boat trip to explore the gorgeous coastline and spectacular rock formations, as well as to swim or snorkel at Los Arcos National Coral Reef Park, with opportunities for seeing sea turtles, whales, dolphins and abundant fish. Other wild life is right at hand, from the balcony of your room you can view tropical birds and observe the local unspoiled Boca. Watch (and participate) as the simple authentic Mexican village life unfolds around you. This quaint fishing village unspoiled by tourists, is a rare treat off the beaten path. Words don’t actually do justice to the wonderful adventure in store for eachparticipant.
- For Participants: 6 Workshop days, (after breakfast to lunch, approx. 3 hrs. in the studio) and some evenings (Tuesday thru Sunday) - more than 20 hours of dance time
- 7 nights accommodation (single or double occupancy) Private room with
private bath and balcony
- No extra charge for a single
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners at oceanside restaurants/all drinks included
- Special Cooking Class with Casa Chef Ruby, learn to make authentic Mexican salsas,
a main entree and dessert
- Lunch and tequila-tasting at mountaintop hacienda
- Puerto Vallarta excursion for gallery walking tour, shopping and city life and
Salsa Dancing at a Cuban club - with a live band!
- Boat trip to explore the gorgeous coastline with opportunity to see whales, dolphins,
giant mantas/optional snorkeling at Los Arcos National Coral Reef Park, then on to a fabulous picnic at an exotic secluded beach
- New Years Eve Dinner Party and Dancing
- Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport to Casa, Monday to Monday.
- Round trip airfare from your city to Puerta Vallarta International Airport
- Expenses for personal items and gratuities for the Casa cooks and house care persons.
Also see tour packages in:
North America Mexico Local Culture Christmas/New Year Tours Dance, Music and Opera