This trek is comparatively easy one to some of other treks. The trek takes you up high along trails to Tengboche Monastery (3850 m). Although, it is a short trek, offers very scenic trek giving you a really superb view of the world's highest peaks, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Amadablam & other many snowy peaks.
This trek starts from Lukla after taking 30 minutes scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. From there we trek up to Namche Bazaar, Tyangboche (famous for its monastery), Khumjung village, which offers a very nice settlement of Sherpas people.
This trek definitely gives a great introduction to Sherpa country & its culture along with fine mountain views. During trekking, you really find the area as a very popular destination for first time trekkers in Nepal. The trek is best suited especially for those people who haven't enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Day 1: Your arrival to Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), you will be met by our Airport Representative, and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley (Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhu, and Kathmandu durbar square). Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 3: Today early in the morning, we drive about 15 minutes to Tribhuwan Airport International. After 30 minutes flight to Lukla (2804 m), we begin our trek to Phakding (2610 m). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3535 m). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 5: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. This is a day for an acclimatization. We have a fine walk around the valley to adjust with thin air.
Namche Bazaar is known as the gateway of the Everest. We will take you to a museum too on the same day. There you can see the traditional custom of Sherpa peoples. Besides, a fine view of the Everest and other mountains can be over viewed from this place. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 6: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850 m). By reaching Tengboche, we visit a monastery known as Tengboche monastery. Then you will be taken to observe the prayer ceremony whether in the evening or morning. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 7: Trek to Khumjung village. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 8: Trek to Phakding. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 9: Trek to Lukla. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 10: Morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 11: Leisure day in Kathmandu (it's also spare day in case of bad weather in Lukla). Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 12: Transfer to Airport for your home departure. Farewell! Note: B.B - Bed and Breakfast, B.L.D - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- Accommodation with breakfast at deluxe hotel in Kathmandu as per above program.
- Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide, car / van.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- 7 nights Tea House accommodation in the mountain.
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 pax), their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment.
- Round Trip flight to & from Lukla & Domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Sagarmatha National Park permit.
- Government taxes.
- Office Service charge.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu - allow US$ 15 - US$ 20 per day.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist). For detail information regarding the travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Trekking Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staffs, driver etc.
Note: Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend