Take advantage of this rare opportunity to study with the exceptionally talented James Steinberg, whose’ work has graced the cover of Time Magazine, in the beautiful seaside-fishing village of Boca de Tomatlan. Under James guidance we will also take the time for numerous wonderful excursions; a boat trip exploring the breathtaking coastline and unique rock formations with the opportunity to snorkel among hundreds of angel fish at a coral reef, a trip to the Mt. town of El Tuito for sketching and painting in plain air and having lunch at the wonderful Altimira Hacienda Restaurant overlooking the Mts and Aguave fields, A possible lunch and discussion with Ad Agency owner, Jerry of Gerald and Cullen-Rapp (James’ rep who has a home in Puerto Vallarta).
We will also spend an afternoon shopping the unique crafts stores and Mercado of Puerto Vallarta, go on a gallery walking tour and then stroll the Malecon (boardwalk) after dinner as you experience the myriad of artists, street performers and lively city life. James plays saxophone and Bob hand drums, so, bring your voice, instruments, etc. for a night of music making around a bonfire on the beach. The week will be rich with activity, so bring your “non art participant” friend or partner and don’t forget to bring a camera!
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Round trip ground transportation from P.V. airport and the Casa
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners at ocean side restaurant
- 6 Days of art workshops - each day from 9am to noon in the studio and 3pm to 6 in the field or studio, as well as some evenings - Noon to 3pm is for siesta or other activities of your choosing
- 2 picnic day trip excursions - hiking or boating to destinations for snorkeling, swimming, waterfalls, art making and exploration
- Trip to Mt. town of El Tuito for sketching and plein air painting and lunch at Altamira Hacienda Restaurant
- 1 evening excursion to Puerto Vallarta for Gallery Walk Tour, shopping and city life.
- Round trip air transportation from your airport to Puerto Vallarta International airport
- 1 dinner
- Any modest gratuities you wish to give to our Cooks and House Care Persons
- Personal items, souvenirs.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in: